Are you a digital journalist? Do you have strong writing, editing and publishing skills? Are you proficient with the latest social media tools and channels? The Digital Content Producer will write, produce, and package news and media content for digital publication consistent with the WPRI 12 News/WPRI.com editorial process. A key team member of the station Content Center, this role is responsible for publishing as well as sourcing, confirming and generating content, and assigning news crews with a priority on breaking news.
The Digital Content Producer delivers and contributes accurate and visual news and information content across all media platforms.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manages writing, production, and timing of broadcast content digital publication.
• Working inside fast-paced newsroom, contribute to the editorial process and make sound decisions in breaking news situations.
• Take an active role in discovering and creating new content for the site; including stories, photos, videos, etc.
• Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all digital devices.
• Write, produce and edit material that appeals to target audiences.
• Research production topics using various information sources.
• Push local content to national outlets and other Nexstar Digital platforms across the country.
• Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production, promotions, and engineering staff.
• Excellent verbal, written, grammar and analytical skills.
• Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations.
• Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
• Ability to meet quality standards for service & evaluate customer satisfaction.
• Be able to use SEO effectively to improve website traffic.
• Proficient and savvy in social media platforms, tools, and best practices.
• Digital video editing skills a plus
Education/Experience: Bachelors Degree in Journalism, Communications, TV/film or equivalent experience may substitute 2+ years experience in digital publishing, television or radio broadcast/production.
Training/Equipment: Utilize state-of-the-art web and television technology, video and graphics.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Flexible schedule and occasional overtime.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9knk9-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.