Los Angeles, CA
The Data Platform Architect is responsible for managing the development and architecting databases and business intelligence tools. As part of the Data team's strategy, this a pivotal role in auditing our existing setup, guide leadership, and set the standards and framework to drive a modern analytics platform at Nexstar. This role will report to the Director of Data Management.
The architect will be a subject matter expert in the tools and processes owned and work with different stakeholders/SMEs and understand the business objectives. Help develop and influence a long-term BI strategy/analytics/tools roadmap and self-service reporting capabilities and drive the implementation end-to-end. Will be expected to demonstrate hands-on skills in data analysis and management, problem-solving, research skills, excellent oral
and written communication skills, and the ability to support and enable teamwork.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, passionate, organized, and can operate effectively in independent and team collaboration settings. It is a unique opportunity to build the nation's largest broadcast company's data and analytics practice and help move our business into the future. Familiarity with the broadcast industry is a plus.
• Build a reliable data infrastructure, underpinning enterprise-scale BI analytics and reporting platforms.
• Act as the subject matter expert for questions/projects relating to data quality, BI tools, business rules.
• Ensure that industry-leading best practices are being followed amongst all projects.
• Work with business users to drive the adoption of the data warehouse, BI tools and develop requirements.
• Provide mentorship and guidance to data warehouse developers and analysts.
Manage/Build Data pipelines and automation.
• Responsible for planning, designing, monitoring, and troubleshooting BI solutions.
• Responsible for working with business users to analyze and gather business
• Track and resolve the progress and resolution of data issues in partnership with IT leadership
• Builds positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders; effectively communicates project details with relevant stakeholders.
• Help design and maintain user data security, integrity, and stability.
• Minimum ten years of relevant experience in technology with a focus on databases, data processing and analytics platforms
• 5+ years of solutions architect experience working with large data sets plus deep
experience in statistical analysis, advanced modeling techniques, data mining and
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in using cloud databases (AWS, Azure, GCP,
• Minimum of 5 years of experience using, implementing, and supporting BI tools (Looker, Data Studio, Domo, Tableau).
• Experience in enterprise-level data modeling/analysis and life-cycle development
• Experience designing, creating, managing, and supporting DW environments.
• Exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities, and detail-oriented
• Ability to foster collaborative relationships with other cross-functional teams
• Ability to manage and prioritize competing projects and deliverables
• Good communications skills to express business and technical concepts
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.