Senior Software Engineer, Content Acquisition Engineering
Remote / Virtual
About Nexstar Digital
Nexstar Digital, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nexstar Media Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: NXST), offers media companies and advertisers a comprehensive suite of leading digital solutions and services focused on optimizing audience targeting, user engagement and the overall performance of video, social, search, display, mobile, and multimedia content and marketing campaigns. Nexstar Digital's enterprise-class publishing platforms, video monetization technology, and professional digital agency services deliver powerful digital advertising and content monetization solutions to clients across both national and local markets in the United States. Nexstar Digital product lines include Nexstar Digital Data Solutions Group, Nexstar Digital Platform Group, Nexstar Digital Publisher Solutions Group, and Nexstar Digital Agency Services.
The Data Engineer is responsible for helping develop and maintain the company's data platforms. This position works closely with other engineers and data scientists.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Data collection
• Data transformation and cleanup
• Data importation into analysis and reporting databases
• Daily monitoring of data systems
• Analysis of data to find new insights
Required Technical Skills and Abilities
• BASH Scripting
Recommended Technical Skills and Abilities:
• AWS knowledge
• AWS Redshift knowledge
• Knowledge about Docker containers
• Knowledge about NoSQL Systems
• Bachelor's degree in computing related field preferred
• Will consider work or internship experience that involves daily usage of Python and SQL
• Takes initiative to solve problems
• Able to multi-task and manage multiple projects
• Seeks feedback
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Able to self-manage
• Quality oriented
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.