Master Control Operator
Shooting and editing commercial and station promotional content. Equipped to schedule own shoots for commercials and collaborate with account executives on scheduling. Responsible for managing the production of cutting-edge commercial spots from concept to completion. Creative scripting, shooting and non-linear editing experience a must. This position will also be responsible for producing effective on-air promotional spots, digital marketing and special projects. Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact with all departments.
• Meet all deadlines, fulfill scheduling commitments and consistently achieve quick turnarounds in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Collaborate with creative team and clients to produce videos and digital content that drive results.
• Maintain a variety of projects and work with varying production styles.
• Work with Creative Services Director, Account Executives and clients to conceive, write, shoot, produce, and edit on-air and digital commercial content.
• Work closely with Creative Services Director and News Director to conceive, write, shoot, produce, and edit compelling on-air promos, proof-of-performance and image campaigns either independently or as a team.
• Works closely with news department to conceptualize, write, shoot and edit special projects and sweeps promotions.
• Produce client sponsored promotional content, as assigned.
• This position is also responsible for dubbing and transferring commercial spots for playback on-air.
Requirements & Skills:
• Minimum 1-2 years commercial and/or promotions experience, or communications preferred.
• Must be able to provide a reel or images of work examples -- include a web address with your resume or cover letter.
• Broad understanding of marketing and design.
• Advanced knowledge of High-definition (HD) cameras and videography, motion graphics and proper lighting techniques.
• Exhibit advanced editing expertise with Final Cut Pro and Adobe CC Suite production package including After Effects and Photoshop.
• Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority.
• Must be able to work independently as as part of a team.
• Possess a strong understanding of fundamental design, a strong sense of color, typography, and composition.
• Possess excellent communication, presentation, organizational and time management skills.
• Occasional weekends, evenings, and holiday shifts will be required.
• Must maintain a valid driver's license and good driving record as some travel may be required for commercial shoots and production meetings with advertisers of the station.
• In addition, the commercial producer must be able to lift, set-up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.