Ad Products Product Manager
Los Angeles, CA
As a Chief Marketing Officer for BestReviews, you will lead our content efforts with a focus on core product review content, social/email strategies, new format and tool development as well as supporting our syndication efforts and team.
This role is full-time based in Los Angeles. Learn more about us here: http://bestreviews.com/about-us
Your primary objective / responsibilities:
• Lead the marketing and content efforts for Best Reviews including developing the strategies, hiring/developing the team, and other elements.
• Own the LTV for all content formats and make sure we're managing to a payback number that drives the revenue model for BestReviews.
• Conceptualize and implement a marketing roadmap and translate those concepts into actionable quarterly targets for all Best Reviews platforms and partners.
• Own the quality of all content to ensure it meets the value proposition as established by BestReviews as well as the quality standards met by our partners.
• Set social strategies of BestReviews across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and the developing platforms as well as the management of a social/email manager on the daily execution.
• Work with Syndication Lead, Digital and Creative Lead to manage and develop a team of in-house and freelance editors/writers that meets and exceeds the needs of scaling our content both in terms of quality and quantity.
• Work cross-functionally across the organization, including Nexstar, to make sure the needs and priorities of your team are represented in key conversations such as the product roadmap, financial planning and the overall voice and tone of BestReviews.
• Develop and own the BestReviews process for testing and researching products that adheres to the promise of our value proposition.
• Drive customer acquisition across digital channels, including website experiences, demand generation campaigns, integrated marketing, and email campaigns, etc.
• Oversee the earned marketing strategies to include activities such as awareness, thought leadership, online and interactive marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), social media outreach, event marketing and public relations
• Communicate out long-term and short-term marketing roadmap and business strategic plan
• Own the maintenance and updating of our high revenue library content to ensure that we are maximizing our efforts around those opportunities.
• Highly organized, with excellent time management and communication skills.
• Experience scaling quality and quantity of content through a combination of tools, people and processes.
• Proven experience developing content strategies that include financial modeling, scaling quantity and quality, and overall elements tied from conception to execution.
• Experience using various CMS like WordPress.
• Passionate about creating amazing content.
• High level of attention to detail with excellent organizational/project management skills.
• A proven ability to multitask and adhere to deadlines.
• Experience creating content or editorial calendars.
• Proactive, adaptable, able to perform well under pressure, and good at problem-solving.
• Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
• BA in Journalism, Communications, or other media-related degree.
• 15+ years experience in an editorial, marketing leadership role preferably with a web-based media company.
• Proven knowledge in ecommerce marketing strategies with a strong understanding of SEO/SEM and analytics platforms, CRM, Content Management Systems, and email.
• Expertise in developing paid and earned marketing strategies
• Prior experience creating and scaling a multi-category marketing strategies for an eCommerce brand or other related digital business
BestReviews.com, a division of Nexstar Media Group, is the best source for product recommendations on the internet. Our mission is to simplify purchasing decisions, helping the everyday consumer find products that make life better and easier. We have partnerships that allow our content to be seen on top sites like those of the Chicago Tribune, New York Daily News, Nexstar television digital sites and more - and we're growing fast.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.