Salt Lake City, UT
PT Camera Operator
The AM Camera Operator, composes and frames camera shots, applying the technical aspects of lenses and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by Newscast Directors.
• DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure and lighting as requested by the Newscast Director.
• Operates studio cameras during live broadcasts.
• Operates remote cameras during live broadcasts.
• Confers with Newscast Directors and other crew and staff members to discuss show rundowns, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements.
• Sets up cameras and related equipment.
• Tests, cleans, maintains and repairs camera equipment.
• Produces graphics for newscast.
• Operates graphics productions to create graphics for the newscast.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
Must be able to perform all duties under high stress situations and conditions. Must have excellent interpersonal skills Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Proficiency with computers, telephone, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment. Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Physical Demands & Work Environment: The PT Camera Operator must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, and make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions or outdoors during remote broadcasts. In addition, must be able to handle control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Must be able to climb ladder. Must be able to life, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.