The Building Maintenance Technician will perform general building and associated technology maintenance.
The Building Maintenance Technician will report to the Director of Engineering and VP of Broadcast Technology. The Building Maintenance Technician must work with and support all departments within our Television Stations facilities.
When applicable, The Building Maintenance Technician will schedule / oversee Vendors that provide building and property services including Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Facility Safety Systems, Construction, and Property Maintenance Trades.
• Perform maintenance and replacement tasks necessary to maintain: Commercial buildings exterior / interior condition and appearance, interior finishes / furnishings and other assignments related to Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC and Painting trades including fabrication and modifications to workstations and cabinetry.
• Plan and perform preventative maintenance and repairs that provides adequate protection for company assets and extends the usable life of Facility assets.
• Perform all assignments in a safe manner to avoid personal injury or injury to others according to established company and regulatory safety guidelines.
• Perform minor electrical repairs and replacements to downstream circuits for receptacles, light fixtures and workstations as required.
• Perform testing for onsite generators including starting, recording history, and proper shut down.
• This may include receiving, and responding to phone calls, text messages or emails after hours.
• Should minimally have a high school diploma with a secondary vocational or technical education preferred.
• Must have a current valid driver's license and must be able to pass a criminal and driving background check which will be administered.
• Reliable transportation to and from work including transportation to and from remote facilities after normal business hours if required.
• Three to five years minimum ''Hands On'' experience maintaining Commercial Building Facilities.
• Experience with test equipment used for Commercial Electrical and HVAC systems.
• Ability to read and understand blueprints. CAD experience is a plus but not required.
• Have knowledge of Local and National Building, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing codes.
• Must be proficient with use of all types of commercial building machinery, hand and power tools.
• Must be able to lift objects up to 60lbs. Position requires daily walking, bending, kneeling, twisting, climbing and working under computer flooring to perform necessary maintenance-related repairs.
• Must be able to transport ladders, lumber and other related equipment and materials to a work site. Requires installation of cabinets, tables, shelving, doors, workstations, painting, plumbing, etc. throughout the facility and off-site locations.
• Must be able to assist in other maintenance tasks as necessary to meet goals and objectives assigned to the Engineering Department.
• General computer knowledge, Word, Excel, email.
• Must be able to exercise good judgement and work in harmony with others.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0mpv6-3-237-29-69-42 in your application.