Sr. News Producer
The Building Maintenance Engineer will facilitate general building maintenance and technology maintenance assist. The Maintenance and Building Engineer will report to the Director of Engineering and VP of Broadcast Technology. The Maintenance and Building Engineer must work and support all departments inside the station and all vendors that provide building services with responsibility for constructing, repairing and maintaining internal and external furnishings, equipment, buildings, doors, hardware and minor electrical functions, Minor plumbing operations, Light HVAC maintenance and repair, work station modifications, painting and general repairs.
• To perform maintenance and replacement tasks necessary to maintain buildings and interior furnishings and complete other assignments related to the carpentry, electrical, plumbing and HVAC trades including fabrication and modifications to work stations and cabinetry, testing, diagnosis and minor repair of plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of carpentry, minor electrical, plumbing and HVAC functions, painting, doors and hardware and office furnishings technology.
• To plan and perform preventative maintenance and repairs that provides adequate protection for company assets and extends life cycles.
• To plan, design and execute various carpentry projects to ensure efficient utilization of material and man-hours.
• To perform all assignments in a safe manner to avoid personal injury or injury to others according to established company safety guidelines.
• Perform minor electrical repairs and replacements to downstream circuits for receptacles, light fixtures and work stations as required.
• Perform testing for onsite generators including starting, recording history, and proper shut down.
• Minor Plumbing repairs and replacement operations including toilets, urinals, sinks, faucets, and piping repair and replacements including copper, PVC and CPVC.
• Minor HVAC operations including inspections, filter changes and minor adjustments.
• The preceding list of responsibilities describes only those job functions considered important in accomplishing the purpose of this position. It is not meant to include all job functions. Other duties include:
• To work with other employees within the Engineering department, to complete maintenance-related projects as needed to meet goals and objectives. Perform duties and use tools and equipment in a safe manner to avoid personal injury and injury to others.
• Television Broadcast facilities operate 24/7. Facility Maintenance Engineers support the 24/7 operation and at times will be required to work evenings, weekends, holidays and special events as needed.
• The Maintenance and Building Engineer must be readily available after hours to respond to emergencies.
• This may include receiving, and responding to phone calls, text messages or emails after hours.
• A stipend will be offered to offset your mobile phone expense.
• • Requirements & Skills
• Should have a high school, vocational or technical education or equivalent related experience and a valid Indiana driver's license in order to pick up parts & supplies, and provide services to remote Transmitter(s) locations, Tower, Broadcast facilities and other venues as needed.
• Three to five years minimum maintenance experience in an operational Television Broadcast Facility.
• Requires an ability to read and understand blueprints, apply basic math and understand local building codes.
• Must be proficient is use of all types of general machinery, hand and power tools.
• Must be able to lift objects up to 80lbs. Requires a considerable amount of walking, bending, kneeling, twisting, climbing and crawling to make carpentry and other necessary maintenance-related repairs.
• Must be able to transport ladders, lumber and other related equipment and materials to a work site. Requires installation of cabinets, tables, shelving, doors, work stations etc. throughout the facility and off-site locations.
• Must be able to assist in other maintenance tasks as necessary to meet goals and objectives assigned to the Building Operations division.
• General computer knowledge, Word, Excel, email.
• Must work well with others or on your own.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.