WGN-TV has an immediate opening for a Building Engineer to assist in maintaining our mission-critical physical plant systems. This position reports to the Chief Building Engineer at WGN.
As a Building Engineer you will be responsible for maintaining our building HVAC, electrical, mechanical and life safety systems at our Bradley Place facility. The successful candidate will work with the Chief Building Engineer and other building engineers to provide shift maintenance and support for our 24x7 facility. Nights and weekends will be required.
• This position requires a minimum of 3 years of building maintenance experience.
• The position requires the ability to work on ladders and in crawl spaces and lift a minimum of 50lbs.
• You must be able to use hand tools and test equipment required for the job.
• Knowledge of safety procedures including hot work permitting, lock-out/tag-out, insurance notifications, etc. is required.
• Good written and verbal communication skills required. You must work well in a team environment.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office including Outlook, Excel and Word a plus.
• Previous experience with building HVAC and redundant power systems (UPS & generator) is required.
• Experience with McQuay RTU's, Data Aire EAC's, AirTherm FCU's, SmarDT chillers, Emerson/Liebert NXL series UPS systems, Onan generators, VESDA fire suppression systems a plus.
• Must be available to handle emergency calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
WGN-TV is located seven miles Northwest of downtown Chicago just minutes from I-94. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive salary as well as free on-site parking for employees. Do you have what it takes to be on our team? Send us your resume and take your first step towards becoming a part of the WGN-TV crew!
This position will require membership with IUOE Local 399.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7eyb9-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.