News Operations Manager
East Providence, RI
The Broadcast IT Systems Technician assists in the day-to-day IT network maintenance including workstations, servers, databases, a domain controller, firewall and related broadcast television equipment.
• Daily duties will include installation, support, maintenance and troubleshooting of desktop, mobile systems, laptop and network components as well broadcast equipment.
• Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
• Maintaining the integrity and consistent operation of the IT networks and mission critical operations.
• Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
• Effectively using organizational and planning skills, with attention to detail.
• Maintaining an established work schedule.
• Demonstrated professional-level technical proficiency in network domain administration.
• Computer network domains, technologies, and protocols.
• Networked systems access and security guidelines and procedures.
• Network performance tuning techniques.
• Current trends and information sources for managing network systems.
• Broadcast television experience with video/audio is highly preferred.
• System backup and recovery procedures and techniques.
Experience with Microsoft and Apple desktop and server operating systems as well as applications from Avid, Microsoft, VM Ware and Adobe. Requires sound judgment; initiative; flexibility and must be detail-oriented. Working experience with Microsoft Windows Environments, including Active Directory, Windows Deployment services, Windows Updates Services and other applications. Experience with Microsoft windows configuration, installation, maintenance, support and troubleshooting of Ethernet and fiber optic networks. Applicant should possess skills of self-motivation, time management, and the ability to work well with others. Must be able to work various hours including nights, holidays and weekends. Some heavy lifting may be required. Must have a valid driver's license.
Minimum three years of experience with hands on computer hardware / software support and maintenance. College or Technical diploma preferred in computer science and/or electrical engineering or related field. Must be able to work various hours including nights, holidays and weekends. Some heavy lifting may be required. Must have a valid driver's license.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.