The Broadcast / IT Engineer operates, maintains, updates and repairs hardware and systems used for broadcasting and business operations.
• Maintains all broadcast technology and equipment for the station
• Installs and tests new systems and technical infrastructure for the station
• Minimizes service interruptions at times of equipment and/or system failure by rapidly identifying and implementing solutions
• Sets up and operates equipment and transmission links during outside broadcasts
• Assist News Dept with support for systems such as BitCentral, ENPS, Ross Xpression.
• Perform diagnostics and repair of computer systems. Hardware repair or software installs.
• Operate or assist with transmission of bonded cellular, satellite or RF microwave truck.
• Have a basic understanding of technical drawings and documents.
• Ability to interface with outside vendors for repairs or upgrades on systems
• Installs and maintains the IT network, switches, data backups, workstations, and printers
• Interprets and implements instructions and requests from other station personnel
• Communicates with members of the engineering team and other teams to effectively resolve equipment and system issues
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
• Minimum three years' experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Strong PC/MS Office experience
• Experience with fiber connectivity, video production systems, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems and editing systems
• Experience with digital transmitters, microwave equipment, and other broadcast-related equipment
• Experience with troubleshooting IP/Ethernet data networks
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpy489-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.