Broadcast IT Engineer
Part-Time Broadcast IT Engineer. This entry-level position will support all live Broadcast and Post Production/Editing equipment in a digital television facility. The ideal candidate must be able to excel in a fast-paced environment, work well under pressure and be solution-oriented. Strong verbal and written communication skills are a critical component of this role.
Responsibilities and Skills:
• Installation and Maintenance of Television Broadcast and Information Technology Equipment.
• Thorough computer skills, a must.
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem -solving skills are essential. Applicant should be comfortable troubleshooting computer systems and electronics at the component level.
• General understanding of digital video formats is important
• Working knowledge of LAN/WAN/VPN networking, Video over IP and VOIP technologies is useful
• Must be able to read technical drawings/documentation
• Knowledge of satellite, microwave and fiber transmission technologies.
• The possibility of unexpected and/or late-night calls for engineering-emergencies at the station
• Perform other duties as assigned
• In addition to working well independently, must also work well as part of a team. Ability to work well with people at all levels, professions and disciplines
• Must be well-organized, detail-oriented and possess excellent oral and written communication skills including a predisposition to providing excellent customer service.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills to effectively prioritize work and resolve issues. Excellent reasoning skills in order assist in troubleshooting problems.
• Ability to follow verbal instructions while involved in high-pressure situations, being pro-active and relating information in a concise manner during critical situations.
• Must be able to work highly varied and flexible hours in support of live news events (i.e. nights, weekends, and holidays).
• Proactive, dynamic, flexible, self-starter with a positive attitude who is able to learn new systems or equipment on their own
• Demonstrated expertise in analyzing and solving complex technical problems; in owning tasks and drives through to completion
• Experience troubleshooting audio and video signal flows.
• Ability to function well under pressure, i.e. during live breaking news situations
• Strong analytical and reasoning skills
• Valid driver's license
• Self-starter, must be able to work efficiently without direct supervision
• Able to lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, work on rooftops and in confined spaces
• Knowledge of FCC license and reporting requirements a plus
SBE certification a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1y4o0-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.