St. Louis, MO
The essential job functions of this position include: Master Control, Audio, Editing, Signal Acquisition, ENG microwave communication, SNG communications, Camera, utility, prompter, Direct/TD any assigned newscasts, live segments and/or live-to-tape segments. The ideal candidate must be able to excel in a fast-paced news environment, work well under pressure and be solution-oriented. The candidate must interact positively with technical and non-technical staff both independently and as a team member. Strong communication skills is a key component of this role.
Ability in some of the listed areas: Operate Master Control and Master control automation, production audio, edit, Drones, operate field camera equipment and report, Direct/TD Newscasts. Ability to operate automated cameras, CG graphics and Premiere editing. Expert knowledge of Ross OverDrive automation or equivalent is a plus. Experience with Newsroom Automation Systems such as ENPS. Coordinate with News department on live-shot needs. Scout live-shot locations for optimal signal strength, safety and shot composition. Responsible for operation video and audio switchers, video and audio recorders, microwave equipment, monitors, test equipment, tools and all Electronic News Gathering, various digital equipment. Including IP and Cellular devices.
Must have at least 2-4 years Broadcast Engineering experience with live news or talk shows. Understanding of live newscast production. Strong people skills, team player. Good driving record. Must be able to work various hours and shifts.
Must possess a valid state driver's license and have an excellent driving record. Must be able to lift, run and carry heavy cable reels, television monitors, camera tripods and other equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. Must be able to climb 10-15 foot ladders and work and operate (in the field) under pressure and control heavier than normal, full-sized television remote live van.
Also, must have the ability to:
• control heavier than normal, full sized television remote live van, which requires much greater braking distance than normal;
• raise a fifty-foot, telescoping mast, and be able to avoid obstructions at that height, such as power lines, especially at night;
• lift, run, and carry heavy cable reels, television monitors, camera tripods and other equipment weighing up to 40 pounds for live shots;
• climb 10 to 15 foot ladders, set up shots on rooftops;
• bend, reach, and kneel to retrieve, place and store equipment in assigned places in ENG trucks;
• vision corrected to 20/20 with no impairments. Sight is very important for driving an ENG/ SNG van. Much driving is required, must have excellent depth perception;
• move swiftly at breaking news locations;
• climb several flights of stairs carrying heavy equipment;
• use both hands, have ability to balance, kneel, crouch, crawl, and reach/work overhead to place and connect cables in buildings and on remote sites, and to transport and set up remote equipment;
• work outside and on the roof of an ENG truck in all types of weather;
• work and operate under pressure in a fast paced news environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk0ek-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.