The Hill, a division of Nexstar Media Group, is seeking an Associate Producer to assist with the production of long and short form video programming focused on politics and culture.
The Associate Producer will report to the Executive Producer of The Hill's digital daily news commentary show, Rising, and will assist with news gathering and daily production of the program. Tasks will include researching segments, searching for and gathering B-roll, assisting with graphics, prompter, guest prep, scripting, editing, and social media promotion.
The producer will need to have a love the news and pop culture and have extraordinary attention to detail and be able to function in a fast-paced environment driven by speed and accuracy.
As the Associate Producer, you will:
• Will assist in the production of our daily political opinion and analysis show.
• Partner closely with producers, editors, graphic artists, and on-air talent
• Research and pitch segment topics and guests
• Assist with writing for shows.
• Assist with social media and the newsletter.
• Help maintain the production calendar, assist with bookings, and any other production needs.
Qualified applicants, at a minimum, have:
• Bachelor's degree and a love of news and politics
• Minimum 1-2 years' experience.
• Studio, control room, field production knowledge
• Knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe After Effects.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong writing skills
• Able to work both independently and as a team player.
• Journalism skills
About The Hill
Established in 1994, The Hill is the country's definitive digital source for non-partisan political news and information. Inside the Beltway, it's known as an essential, agenda-setting read for lawmakers and influencers. Beyond the Capitol, The Hill's trusted content is shared more often on social media than any other major political news brand in America.
Our properties include TheHill.com, reaching a monthly audience of 41M; Hill.TV, the largest independent video platform within the Beltway with 1.4B annual views; The Hill's print edition, one of the most influential sources for law and policy makers; Elevate Studios, creating breakthrough branded content offerings for leading marketers; and The Hill Events, which hosted 70 virtual events last year, featuring 92 Members of Congress and 88 industry leaders in meaningful policy discussions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g66j0j-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.