WGN-TV is currently searching for a Assistant Director/Director, Full-Time.
• Supervise on-air talent, technicians, stage crew, floors directors.
• Must have in-depth knowledge of studio/remote broadcasting technology including automated servers, graphics systems, and editing. ENPS and Ross Overdrive experience preferred.
• Assist director during live shows with coding Ross Overdrive, remotes, graphics, and various monitor inputs.
• Working knowledge of ENPS (or similar) to read rundowns, storing device controlled object slugs and modifying them as needed for air.
• The AD/Director will interact with the newscast producer to understand the content, tone, structure, and pace of the broadcast.
• The broadcast will be fast paced and highly produced using Ross Overdrive, Ross XPression, Ross XPression Tessera and BitCentral.
• AD/Director should add creativity and ideas that enhance the broadcast and final product.
• Coordinates with the News and Creative Services Departments to achieve the graphic elements of the newscast.
• Coordinates with Newscenter on all remote assignments for each broadcast .
• Five plus (5+) years' experience AD/Directing. News applicants only please.
• Evenings, weekends, and holidays will be a part of the schedule.
• Bachelor's degree in communications or related field preferred.
• Candidate should be solution oriented and quick thinker to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news.
Please be prepared to furnish current references and shows (with director's track if possible).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmpk3m-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.