Digital Content Host
WGN-TV is searching for a knowledgeable and ambitious Assignment Editor, for per diem and vacation relief needs.
• Plans , prepares, and executes the station's newsgathering functions, including both scheduled newsworthy events as well as 'spot' news and breaking stories
• Helps decide and determine daily story assignments
• Dispatches reporters and photographers in the field
• Assists reporters with researching, developing and setting up their stories
• Assists writers, producers and web staff with gathering information and updating stories
• Responsible for arranging and supervising video feeds
• Scrutinizes a multitude of local resources, media and contacts for potential stories
• Effectively monitors local law enforcement and public safety agencies for breaking stories
• College degree with several years of major market experience, preferably local
• Must be decisive, forward thinking and possess excellent news judgment
organizational skills required
• Should have a working knowledge of the issues, lifestyles and culture that are unique to the Chicago news market
• Candidates also need strong logistical skills and the ability to effectively navigate the local landscape
• Familiarity with local government, municipalities and jurisdictions is essential
• Must be able to work under pressure in a sometimes stressful work environment
• Must be capable of interacting positively and productively with other employees.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.