Who are we:
We are Nexstar Media Group, Inc., the largest TV station operator in the country. And we are also a technology company ready to embark upon transformative growth over the next decade. We produce and distribute engaging local and national news, sports and entertainment content across television, streaming and digital platforms, including nearly 300,000 hours of original video content each year.
Nexstar owns America's largest local broadcasting group comprised of top network affiliates, with 200 owned or partner stations in 116 US markets reaching 212 million people. In addition to delivering exceptional content and service to our communities, Nexstar provides premium multiplatform and video-on-demand advertising opportunities at scale for businesses and brands seeking to leverage the strong consumer engagement of our compelling content offering.
We are extremely proud of our collection of outstanding television stations, digital businesses, and talented employees nationwide. Within Nexstar Ad Sales, we are excited to reimagine and transform our division; investing and building for the future while forging a culture that promotes our entrepreneurial spirit, embraces bold thinking, and challenges the conventional way. If you have the curiosity, passion, are inclusive and collaborative, work with us, and let's continue to make a difference for all our stakeholders ~ our colleagues, our customers, our owners, and the communities in which we operate.
Title: Analyst, Platform Monetization & Strategy (Pricing & Planning)
Reports to: VP, Platform Monetization & Strategy
Salary Range: $70-$85k
The Analyst will work closely with the Manager and VP, Platform Monetization & Strategy to help develop and implement Nexstar's revenue management strategy for ad sales. This role collaborates with the VP to manage analysts and planners with strong communication skills. The responsibilities include the proposal development from RFP, order booking and extensive change management. Managers execute program schedule changes along with assuring delivery of audience deficiency units.
• Establish packaging guidelines across the portfolio.
• Assist in creation and maintenance of ratecards
• Provide sales with direction on schedule/mix changes and pricing of new programs.
• Inform pricing and inventory decisioning on forecasts and annual planning and Upfront models
• Liability management across portfolio and allocation of ADU by account
• Coordinate with Inventory , prevent Oversell and identify areas of opportunity, and manage program changes
• Work closely with Operations on system enhancements
• Coordinate digital uploads into appropriate systems
• 3 -5+ years' experience in advertising, media, and relevant sales reporting or finance management roles
• Bachelor's degree
• Ability to perform well in highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
• Strategic thinker, creative problem solver, resourceful
• Exceptional ability to develop and maintain cross-functional relationships and influence senior management.
• Proven leadership skills and ability to work across the organization.
• Must possess a high level of critical thinking and analytical skills.
Nexstar offers full time employees a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, life and short-term disability insurance, worker's compensation, and unemployment insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick time, employee assistance program, bereavement leave, jury duty service time off, military leave, and medical/maternity & family leave.
Nexstar is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the industry's top talent. In compliance with the provisions of all applicable state and federal civil rights laws, every effort will be made to employ the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, disability, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, veteran's status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other protected personal characteristic. Additionally, it is and shall continue to be our policy to provide promotion and advancement opportunities within the Company in a nondiscriminatory fashion based on merit, qualifications, and ability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx2kvz-44-201-72-250-42 in your application.