Analyst I, Accounts Receivable
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what that are doing!
The Staff Accountant supports the Corporate Accounting Department in various tasks related to the monthly accounting close process including the analysis of financial performance of various TV stations, preparing monthly journal entries, complying with monthly internal SOX controls, and other accounting functions to assist with the monthly close process.
• Assist with the preparation of monthly accounting journal entries
• Assist with the preparation of various balance sheet reconciliations
• Maintain Station Fixed Asset records for a set of TV stations that are assigned including preparation of the monthly journal entries for depreciation, fixed asset additions and disposals in the Fixed Asset system
• Review station budgets
• Review station balance sheet reconciliations monthly
• Review and or analyze general ledger accounts
• Prepare quarterly / annual schedules for the external auditors
• Assist with preparation of the Monthly Financial Reporting Package for management review
• Various ad hoc accounting projects as assigned by the Regional Controller or Corporate Controller
• Assist with the daily communications between Corporate and the regional accounting hubs
• Perform certain other functions as needed
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two years' experience in corporate accounting or financial analysis, preferably in the broadcast industry and/or a public company environment
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.