VP/GM of Digital will oversee the development, growth and day to day operations for NewsNation's national digital news brand including the NewsNation websites, mobile apps, social channels and other new and emerging non-linear distribution channels.
VP is responsible for building and scaling audiences for these digital channels through native digital initiatives including editorial, content, product, audience and social media.
Working collaboratively with the cable network, to share assets, coordinate initiatives and direct coverage, the NewsNation digital team will also be drawing on the talent and resources of Nexstar's 110 local newsrooms across the country
and 5,500 local journalists.
Candidates should be aggressive, creative and focused on audience growth, have a keen understanding of the business and be experienced at building and operating a nationally focused digital newsroom.
This is a chance to get in on the ground floor of a significant investment in digital journalism, build a world class team and lay a foundation for future growth and success.
The VP reports to Nexstar Digital's EVP and Chief Product Officer who oversees all content, audience development, product and technology for the team.
• Build the brand of NewsNation Digital across all digital channels (Web, Mobile, Social, etc)
• Spearhead creative and engaging programming native to digital channels or in collaboration with the Cable Network and local stations.
• Build and manage digital news team of 30 + digital journalists
• Grow audience, collaborate with analytics, to identify KPI's and lead initiatives across the news organization to deliver the required scale.
• Be the face of NewsNation digital, helping raise awareness, build credibility and evangelize its evolutions and innovations
• Bring to life new products across video, social and web that differentiate NNN
• Collaborate with marketing teams to amplify the brand and grow audience
• Collaborate with product team to build and implement new products
• Collaborate with digital and linear sales teams to create packaging and solutions for advertisers
• Excellence journalistic pedigree and strong newsroom leadership
• Nimble and creative nature, willing to adapt and optimize in a ''start up'' environment
• Proven track record growing teams and audiences
• Comfort working cross-functionally and collaboratively with teams including sales, marketing and product development
• 10 years of digital news experience
• Broadcast experience a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7n5z8-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.