TECHNICAL OPERATIONS MANAGER - NewsNation
Who we are:
NewsNation is a national cable news network currently reaching approximately 75 million television households across the United States. The network is owned and operated by Nexstar Media Group (NXST).
NewsNation is currently searching for a Technical Operations Manager for our network headquarters in Chicago.
• The Technical Operations Manager will help oversee the day-to-day technical aspects of production, from remote signal acquisition through to transmission, and serves as the liaison between NewsNation Operations, Engineering, and News Production groups.
• Tech manages and coordinates for productions between network studio facilities in Chicago, New York, and Washington DC.
• Works with news production & guest booking personnel in readying live shot transmissions for air and in studio appearances, monitoring live shot activity related to show assignment including live guest transmissions.
• Ensures the technical needs of Chicago control room staff are met at their assigned positions.
• Works together with NewsNation Engineering in assessing production requirements, and corresponding design and build-out of growing incoming signal acquisition and control rooms and assessing network production requirements.
• Assists in developing and executing training procedures and SOPs. Define expectations for freelance control room and studio technicians and work to guarantee adherence to said policies.
• Author an end of shift ''Production Technical Report'' (PTR) outlining assignment details, technical irregularities, actions taken, and recommendations for follow up.
• On-site Tech Manager for larger scale remote projects may be required (Experience as a remote truck EIC a plus).
• 10-15 years of hands-on studio and control room experience, working in a professional live broadcast television network.
• Must have in-depth knowledge of large-scale studio and remote broadcasting technology and operations.
• Previous experience with ENPS, BitCentral, and Ross Overdrive systems is preferred.
• A troubleshooter and quick thinker who can diagnose and resolve broadcast technical issues, sometimes remotely, and find work arounds to ensure broadcast quality standards are met. The ability to communicate these fixes clearly and succinctly to others is important.
• Working knowledge of HD television systems and formats, including fiber/satellite, bonded cellular transmission and decoding systems is important.
• Knowledge of signal workflow and conversion.
• Must work well in a collaborative team environment and be able to multitask and demonstrate the tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, and superior people skills required in a live television, high pressure environment.
• Ability to create and modify processes as needed.
• Ability to multi-task in a non-structured, entrepreneurial environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9kp54-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.