TECHNICAL DIRECTOR – NewsNation
Who we are:
NewsNation is a national news cable network currently reaching approximately 75 million television households across the United States. The network is owned and operated by Nexstar Media Group (NXST).
NewsNation is looking for an experienced Technical Director for our national newscasts, based in our Chicago headquarters.
• The broadcast will be fast paced and highly produced using Ross Overdrive, Ross XPression and Ross XPression Tessera.
• The successful candidate will prepare and switch video elements during live and pre-recorded programming, listening to director's commands and reacting swiftly and accurately, ensuring all content output meets quality standards.
• Must be able to build switcher effects, create Ross templates and shots.
• The technical director should add creativity and ideas that enhance the final product.
• May be asked to train others or create training documentation.
• Be able to communicate and document effectively and concisely to the rest of the team.
• All day parts (mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays) may be a part of the schedule with overtime as situations demand.
• Five plus (5+) years' experience in professional live television broadcast operations required
• Must be proficient with operation of broadcast equipment within assigned area, including but not limited to switchers, routing, CGs, video playback, remote camera operation.
• Experience with Ross Overdrive required
• You must be detail-oriented and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Working knowledge of common business software applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news, be self-sufficient and have a ''press-on-regardless'' attitude.
• Other engineering/operating experience in areas of robotic cameras, graphics, audio, or transmission is a plus.
• Must work well in a collaborative team environment and be able to multitask.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications or related field preferred.
This position is a full-time staff position which will require membership in IBEW.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzej8n-35-168-110-128-42 in your application.