STEADICAM OPERATOR - NewsNation
Who we are:
NewsNation is a national news cable network currently reaching 75 million television households across the United States. The network is owned and operated by Nexstar Media Group (NXST).
NewsNation is currently searching for a part-time Steadicam Operator for our national newscasts, based in our new New York studios, with the opportunity for full-time staff positions as operations expand.
This opportunity is for someone that doesn't mind rolling up their sleeves and do something few have done before – launch a new 24-hour news network.
• The successful candidate will be able to listen to director's commands and react swiftly and accurately for correctly positioning and framing shots including the x/y axis and for camera ''shading'' and color correction for multiple cameras.
• Must be able to make smooth on-air moves.
• Must be proficient with operation of broadcast equipment within assigned area, including set up programming and troubleshooting the Steadicam system and maintenance of vests and related equipment.
• May be asked to train others or create training documentation.
• Be able to communicate and document effectively and concisely to the rest of the team. Must be self-sufficient and have a press-on-regardless attitude.
• All day parts (mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays) may be a part of the schedule with overtime as situations demand.
• Five plus (5+) years' experience running professional vest managed steadicam cameras, in professional live television broadcast operations required.
• A 40-pound weight minimum is a consideration for this role - Must be able to lift, carry, and move with a minimum of 40lbs
• Other engineering experience in areas of robotic camera operation a plus
• Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news.
• You must be detail-oriented and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Working knowledge of common business software applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must be self-sufficient and have a ''press-on-regardless'' attitude.
This position is a part-time staff position which will require membership in IBEW.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn3nm3-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.