NewsNation is building a new national media outlet for all Americans. We think there's an unmet need for news that isn't tilted toward one side or another.
NewsNation focuses on facts, multiple perspectives and respecting all points of view across all 50 states. We're dedicated to a truly all-platform experience: a national cable channel plus a vibrant digital presence.
We are seeking a Social Media Producer ready to bring their own ideas to help tell stories on multiple social media platforms, help clip and process videos from our shows, and raise awareness about what's special about NewsNation.
This job works 3 to 11 p.m. This role is based in Chicago.
• Post to and manage multiple social media accounts
• Clip and distribute videos from our news and talk shows
• Create on a daily basis unique social media content for platforms from Facebook to Twitter to Instagram to TikTok (and whatever comes next)
• Create social media content in multiple formats: written word, video, GIFs, still images, etc.
• Contribute to strategy sessions focused on how to tell a social media story from content that originates from broadcast packages or digital-first web stories
• Use data to make decisions about what stories deserve additional social media storytelling
• Keep up to date on the latest trends and opportunities in social media and share with the larger team
• Help train other staff members on social media best practices, use of social tools and other tactics
• Experience creating social media content for brands or news media outlets
• Strong video editing skills overall
• Strong writing and/or video editing skills that relate to social media platforms
• Knowledge of data and analytics and demonstrated ability to use that data to make decisions
• Experience running social media channels for a brand, news media outlet or individual
• Good communicator who can work collaboratively
• Knowledge in social media platforms and tools to manage them
• Journalism background a plus
About Nexstar and Nexstar Digital
Nexstar Inc. is the digital arm of Nexstar Media Group, Inc., America's largest local television broadcast company, with 199 TV stations in 116 markets reaching nearly 68% of US television households. Nexstar's digital division develops platforms that deliver exceptional local and national journalism and original content across 120 owned-and-operated websites, 284 mobile apps, and a growing number of OTT apps while providing premium, scalable advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnyn1o-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.