WGN-TV's Media Operations Center, located on the northwest side of Chicago, which includes WGN-TV9, WGN Plus, NewsNation, Antenna and Rewind TV has an immediate opening for a Media Technician/Master Control Operator to work in a dynamic broadcast and media delivery environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Operating systems and equipment in a master control operation, monitoring on-air operations of multiple channels including national networks and local channels.
• Maintaining quality control standards while operating and monitoring systems that distribute content via automation, adhering to company guidelines and FCC rules.
• Demonstrating a thorough knowledge of broadcast operations, with the ability to maintain quality and communicate quickly and effectively with various departments.
• Maintaining the highest level of quality control using excellent judgement, anticipating problems and engaging support when needed.
• National network feeds and in working with affiliates that may be experiencing technical difficulties.
• Using a combination of both IT and broadcasting operational skills.
• Operating ancillary on air equipment such as CGs, Emergency Alerts, caption encoders, routers, switchers, various networked workstations and remote operation of transmitters.
• Three years total experience in either IT or broadcast operations in a professional live media operation is required. IT backgrounds encouraged to apply.
• Experience with Florical or other automation programs is a plus.
• Detail-oriented and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Working knowledge of common business software applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must be self-sufficient and have a press-on-regardless attitude.
• Attention to detail is essential, be able to confirm elements are airing as logged and looking ahead to resolve any potential issues before they occur.
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting techniques with effective communication to best convey the issues necessary for resolution.
• Comfortable in a collaborative and communicative team environment is important.
• This position requires flexibility in schedule and could include weekends and holidays.
The position requires membership in the IBEW union and is a full-time on-site staff position, reporting to the Director of Distribution Operations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpeo4x-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.