Position Title: Lead Technical Operator
Position Reports To: Manager, Broadcast Operations
Specific responsibilities include:
• Manage the day-to-day technical and engineering requirements associated with assigned network productions within NY studios and control rooms.
• Monitor live shot activity related to show assignment including live guest transmissions. Identify and alert production personnel to issues, measures underway to resolve, progress to that end and production technical issue reports.
• Program control room monitor feeds and ''comms'' assignments to better facilitate production needs and operational workflows.
• Support the studio and control room environments while overseeing transmission workflows from those environments.
• Establish and maintain a prominent and proactive control room/studio presence to best ensure smooth and orderly technical operations.
• Author an end of shift ''Production Technical Report'' (PTR) outlining assignment details, technical irregularities, actions taken, and recommendations for follow up.
• Work with Production & Guest Booking personnel in readying live shot transmissions for air and in studio appearance needs.
• Develop SOPs and instruct technicians on proper production equipment techniques.
• Work closely with Engineering group in identifying technical needs related to all NewsNation control room and studio facilities.
• Assist in developing and executing training procedures and SOPs. Define expectations for freelance control room and studio technicians and work to guarantee adherence to said policies.
• Work with all departments to address any control room, studio or workflow issues as needed.
• Other such duties as required.
Skills & Experience:
• Minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience in Studio production environments.
• Previous experience with ENPS/iNews, Adobe, Bitcentral, Latakoo and RTS/Riedel intercom systems is preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of computer systems with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (Microsoft Suite), Zoom and strong IT problem-solving background.
• Working knowledge of HD television systems and formats, including fiber/satellite transmission and decoding systems.
• Knowledge of signal workflow and conversion.
• Ability to create and modify processes as needed.
• Ability to multi-task in a non-structured, entrepreneurial environment.
• This position requires a highly organized, self-motivated individual who can interface with a diverse group of people and situations, while maintaining a steady and calm demeanor.
• Demonstrate the tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, and superior people skills required in the pressurized environment of live television.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Education: Bachelor's degree in broadcast technology/engineering/production or equivalent related experience is required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwo0j2-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.