Nexstar Media Group is seeking a news Graphic Designer to be part of a bold team of in-house designers, in downtown Chicago, Illinois. This is a unique opportunity to have your work seen on a national level for a broadcast network. We're looking for a motivated graphic designer who has high level graphic design skills that focus on typography and composition for broadcast design, video, social media and print needs. The ideal candidate is a master at designing daily news graphics in Photoshop, can create effective logo designs in Illustrator and can also execute intermediate level motion graphics in AfterEffects. Working effectively with tight deadlines and quick problem-solving skills are required. Ideal candidate has 1-3 years' experience working in broadcast news, local or network level. Similar experience in broadcast entertainment or post-production or comparable design industry considered.
High level graphic design and typography skills are required.
• High level skills in Photoshop, Illustrator are required.
• Intermediate to advanced level motion design skills are a plus, specifically using AfterEffects.
• Must be able to work on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to translate top news story content quickly and effectively into compelling graphic designs.
• Must work well solo or with others in a collaborative, team environment.
• Skills in Cinema 4D, Premiere, InDesign, Keynote, Powerpoint software are a plus.
• Must be able to work afternoon/evenings or unconventional hours. Holiday work may be required.
• Job requires an undergraduate degree in graphic arts or equivalent experience.
• Must provide a link to an on-line portfolio for consideration.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7k5b8-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.