NewsNation is always looking for talented Executive Producers who are interested in helping us grow and elevate the quality of our journalism and the dynamism of our live programming. Let us know you're interested in being considered as we source potential candidates for our continued expansion.
As an Executive Producer you will be responsible for working with talent and with network leadership on creative development of a new show. You will also work to build the show team including a senior producer, line producer, associate producers, segment producers, and booking producers who will produce the program. The Executive Producer leads the team in story selection, identifying guests, building the rundown, and in executing a clean broadcast from the control room. This person must also be decisive when needed to make tough editorial decisions which align with network standards and position us well competitively. The Executive Producer provides candid, consistent, and solution-oriented feedback to all members of the staff to elevate the level of production and allow the program to innovate. The Executive Producer will also collaborate with other network leadership on special projects and events. The Executive Producer must also work to incorporate strategies developed by network leadership which improves the news product and increases viewership.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work with anchor/host and network leadership to develop a show concept and build a team
• Work with network leadership to build show staff which includes senior producer, segment producers, booking producers, associate producers, etc.
• Develop show themes, segments, graphics, and other key elements.
• Work with producers to create overall production schedule based on programming needs and keep anchor/host and other team members informed of development/changes throughout the day.
• Assign projects to team members while overseeing bandwidth of each person
• Mentor team members as needed, implementing best practices, growth targets, and working to hold team members accountable
• Lead production conversations with all cross functional teams, including digital, as needed
• Must also be capable of assessing breaking news topics, as needed
• Will be asked to perform other duties as assigned by network leadership
Qualifications & Requirements:
• College degree or equivalent related experience
• Minimum of five years' experience as network Senior Producer or Executive Producer
• Must exhibit strong news judgment
• Must have strong organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are essential
• Excellent copy-editing skills are also a must
• Must be solution-oriented
• Must be responsive to feedback
• Must also be capable of interacting positively and productively with other employees all while understanding you are leading by example
• Prior experience working in ENPS preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1444x-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.