DIRECTOR - NewsNation
Who we are:
NewsNation is a national news cable network currently reaching 75 million television households across the United States. The network is owned and operated by Nexstar Media Group (NXST).
NewsNation is currently searching for a full-time Director for our national newscasts, based in our new New York studios, with the opportunity for full-time staff positions as operations expand.
This opportunity is for someone that doesn't mind rolling up their sleeves and do something few have done before – launch a new 24-hour news network.
• Must have in-depth knowledge of studio/remote broadcasting technology including servers, graphics systems, and editing. ENPS experience preferred.
• The Director will interact with newscast producers to understand the content, tone, structure and pace of newscasts.
• Supervise on-air talent, technicians, stage crew, and floors directors.
• The Director should add creativity and ideas that enhance the final product, coordinating with the News and Creative Services departments to achieve the graphic elements of the newscast
• Directors may help design and implement use of new multi-area set and evolving format.
• Please be prepared to furnish current references and shows (with director's track). problems that arise during live news.
• Five plus (5+) years' directing experience in professional live broadcast television required
• Must work well in a collaborative team environment, be able to multitask. A problem solver and quick thinker to resolve existing issues and to find work arounds.
• Working knowledge of common business software applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must be self-sufficient and have a ''press-on-regardless'' attitude.
• All day parts (mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays) may be a part of the schedule with overtime as situations demand.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications or related field preferred.
This is a DGA position and union membership is required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvp89n-18-207-157-152-42 in your application.