Full Time Job
Broadcast Control Operator
- Full Time
10 News First. Masterchef. The Bachelor. I'm a Celebrity. Survivor Australia.
These are the shows that get people talking - and they're at home with many more at Network 10. We're the home of exciting, bold, escapist entertainment served through your screens every day.
But enough about us.
10 Melbourne have an immediate need for a Broadcast Control Operator to join the team in our South Yarra station.
The key responsibilities of the role will include
• Maintaining on-air program feeds, assessing Network status parameters and reacting quickly and correctly to any change.
• Planning and coordinating the routing of complex signals throughout the station and the network.
• Using acquired technical knowledge to maintain a high broadcast standard for the network.
• Acting as the first line of contact for staff, Network recipients and external organisations with the ability to make decisions, offer solutions and take assertive action when required.
• Updating procedures or relevant documentation where necessary and handle additional tasks in conjunction with the day to day role.
• Assisting in the development & training of new employees within the department
It's not me, it's you! What we're looking for:
• Well-developed communication skills and computer literacy are also essential
• You will be a highly motivated self-starter in deadline driven environment and a flexible approach to work patterns and duties
• An understanding of MPEG, Widescreen, Audio Communication systems and digital broadcasting principle would be an advantage. Experience with remote control software applications is also desirable
• This position involves shift work, including weekend work
If this sounds like you and you are up for the challenge, let us know by sending your application via the link. We totally want to hear from you!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo913-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.