Senior Network Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Netflix is constantly innovating on how to best provide people around the world with stories they will love: movies and TV shows that are diverse across cultures, creators, genres, and formats. This is an exhilarating challenge as we seek to bring joy to over 200 million households across 190 countries.
In this exceptional leadership opportunity, you will lead Netflix's core data science and engineering team for the most creative part of our business: content! In this role, you will directly impact how we design, plan, and value our catalog by providing insights, metrics, data, and mathematical models to guide decision making. You and your team will develop innovative content valuation metrics and methodologies, predict demand for titles that Netflix is planning to develop and launch in the future, identify characteristics of an ''ideal'' content library, derive content audience insights from data, and even help identify new stories Netflix creators could explore.
You will pursue these challenges as a data science and engineering thought leader and key executive partner in Netflix's 'Data & Insights' organization. In addition to leading a world-class team, you will debate and influence business and technical strategies to help us continue to learn how to make Netflix the world's greatest entertainment service!
What you will do:
• Inspire and lead your team to deliver data and strategic and novel data science and engineering approaches that help optimize and guide Netflix's content decisions.
• Participate heavily in Netflix's executive team: help set business strategy, represent content data science and engineering, initiate and debate key strategic topics and opportunities from your team's work, and drive bold high-impact decisions.
• Grow and expand your expert team with an eye toward diverse and forward-pushing skills that span machine learning methods, data engineering, tooling and data products, and analytics.
• Instill an inclusive team culture that is both passionate and collaborative.
• Lead strong partnerships with Netflix's content and marketing teams as well as collaborations with finance and engineering teams.
Your background and characteristics:
• You enjoy having a strategic impact at an executive level, including interacting with senior company leadership on tangly issues and applying strong judgment and analysis toward important business decisions.
• You have experience building and leading expert data science, analytics, and engineering teams comprising both leaders and individual contributors, and are adept at figuring out ways to help them flourish.
• Your technical background is broad, spanning multiple areas among: data products and visualization, data and behavioral analytics, advanced metrics, statistics, machine learning, causal methods, and data engineering and architecture. You likely have a graduate degree or studies in a quantitative field such as Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, etc.
• You are skilled at having an impact in complex or ambiguous problem spaces that cannot be empirically proven and require blending data and scientific methods with judgment-based approaches. Examples of such areas are: characterizing a company's brand or the impact of some event to its brand; quantifying or categorizing human sentiment / emotion; and measuring intent.
• You are skilled at operating in a complex, cross-functional organization or company where your teams need to collaborate and integrate with other teams across many disciplines.
• You have exceptional oral and written communication skills, and are articulate with both technical and business partners. You create effective frameworks to aid discussion of complicated topics. You are an active listener, and are conscious of voices that have not yet been heard.
• You are curious about entertainment and peoples' tastes in different regions around the world, and are excited to help Netflix deepen and broaden our content to increase its relevance globally and locally.
• You are enthusiastic about Netflix's culture.
Our culture is unique and
We can't wait to meet you and learn how you can shape Content Data Science & Engineering to impact Netflix's future!