Senior Analyst, Income Tax
Los Gatos, CA
Los Gatos, CA or Los Angeles, CA
Are you looking for a leadership role in international tax? Are you curious about and looking to contribute to developing and implementing tax planning strategies? Are you interested in helping influence global tax policy? Do you enjoy analyzing complex technical issues and working with cross-functional partners to implement tax projects? If yes, we would love to speak with you.
Our International Tax team serves a central part in the success of our business. We are seeking a VP of International Tax, reporting to our VP of Tax, to provide US international tax planning and strategic tax leadership. The ideal candidate will have deep technical and analytical skills, strong organizational and communication skills, and excellent attention to detail. In this role, you will need to be a self-starter who is skillful in analyzing tax issues, developing tax planning strategies, and communicating and collaborating with cross-functional business partners with varying backgrounds and levels of experience. A successful candidate will be able to manage complex workflows that involve multiple stakeholders and build strong relationships within Tax and across the company.
• Lead our international tax function and develop US international tax planning strategies, projects, and their implementation
• Partner with business leaders, tax, finance, treasury, legal, and external advisers on business and tax planning matters
• Research complex tax issues and prepare technical memos and documentation
• Advise on international tax aspects of Netflix's business and international expansion, including entering into new markets and cross-border transactions involving multiple tax jurisdictions
• Perform the international leadership role identifying issues, developing tax planning strategies, and executing durable solutions related to US and international taxes as well as maintain and refresh, when necessary, the international tax structure
• Monitor and review US and international legislation (including OECD guidelines) that may impact Netflix's business and develop and implement appropriate responses and strategies
• Partner with our regional tax and transfer pricing leadership to develop strategies and solutions for risk mitigation and global dispute resolutions
• Develop our stunning colleagues in our international tax team and our tax team more broadly
• 15+ years of relevant experience, including public accounting, law firm, and/or industry experience
• JD, CPA, or Masters in Taxation preferred but not required
• Ability to quickly understand and integrate business objectives with tax strategies, and effectively communicate tax requirements to executive leadership
• You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view.