Product Design Manager, Animation Tooling & Pipeline
Los Gatos, CA
At Netflix, we are shaping the future of global entertainment because we believe there is a better way to watch. Our members need our help from time to time, and that's where our Global Customer Service (CS) organization focuses: providing amazing interactions for our subscribers around the world. Our goal is excellence, simplicity and getting our members back to streaming.
We are looking for a talented Visual Designer to join our Global Customer Service team in Los Gatos, California to support two teams: Product Support Operations (PSO) and Learning and Development (L&D). The PSO team is the bridge between Netflix CS teams and our partners in Product, Marketing, and other business functions, focusing on agent/operational readiness, customer self-service, facilitating insights, and driving improvements to the customer and agent experience. The L&D team creates engaging and effective learning experiences across our outsourced call centers worldwide.
This role reports to the Manager, Content Strategy within the PSO team and will have the opportunity to apply tremendous passion and creativity to design the most engaging and impactful visuals for our customer self-help tools and our customer service training curriculum offering.
• Create and maintain a consistent visual design strategy across Customer Service.
• Initiate, explore, and prototype visual design solutions and products from concept to completion across Customer Service.
• Create imagery to illustrate troubleshooting steps and transform complex concepts, such as billing, into visuals (both static and motion) that can be easily understood by a global audience
• Create branded visual templates with a strong sense for typography, color and layout for standard page layouts (i.e., landing pages, billing articles, news posts, etc.) that can be easily cloned and updated by the team
• Develop a digital asset management strategy (metadata, taxonomy) to organize flat image library and make images more discoverable
• Work with our engineering teams to enhance the look of our technical interfaces and tools
• Create diverse media (visuals, graphics, animation, and videos) to enrich our training curriculum to be more engaging and exciting
• As an expert storyteller you'll establish and articulate a clear and consistent design vision for the work you do everyday.
• Establish and maintain healthy working relationships with internal organizational partners including our technology and localisation teams
• 8+ years of professional hands-on design experience in a digital environment.
• Portfolio of visual design, both static and motion, samples featuring online self help tools and/or effective training experiences.
• Experience defining and evolving design systems, from brand and visuals to motion, prototypes and ultimately working directly with our technology teams
• Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Animate, Illustrator), Figma, and Google Docs and Slides.
• Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Proven leadership and strategic ability.
• An appreciation of A/B testing and using data to inform design decisions.
• Smart, conceptual, confident, competent, adaptable, proactive, independent, flexible, and results-oriented.
• Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback and can constructively give it as well.
• Illustration and storyboarding is a plus.
Why work at Netflix?
• If you are looking to have a large impact at a growing company and work with a high performance team. Work with talented colleagues on hard problems that affect 100+ million members across the globe.
• We value high performance, freedom and responsibility. We don't focus on rules, processes or procedures. We are candid and transparent and seek excellence in all that we do.
• We tackle hard problems that others have not been able to solve. We produce great content, build systems at scale and use data to push the business forward. We connect people with movies and television globally.
• In order to attract deep talent, we pay top of market. Solving hard problems requires highly talented people, and we compensate appropriately. We expect a lot.