AV Manager, Product Creative Studio
Los Angeles, CA
Asset Lab within Creative Labs experiments with compelling video, artwork, and audio for our global platform. We're looking for a Video Creative to join the Asset Lab team, to develop the best short-form videos (such as trailers) for our members and the best workflows for our internal creative teams. This opportunity combines hands on strong strategic thinking, creative executions, creative direction, and project management in a fully autonomous environment. This role is an integral part of defining how films and TV shows are represented globally on our service.
Reporting to the Asset Lab Manager, the Creative will be integral in the development and evolution of testing different types of videos within Netflix. The Creative will identify creative and business-led opportunities, align projects with the priorities of our team and partners and company, and lead groups of contract video editors through creative direction while collaborating with engineers and researchers.
Qualified candidates are curious, intelligent, and empathetic. You're a skilled communicator who both welcomes and can provide honest, candid feedback. You balance creativity with project management and innovation with technology. You track groundbreaking creative outside of Netflix and want to revolutionize the way content is introduced to millions of users all across the globe while maintaining the best and most enjoyable user-experience. The ideal candidate excels at building and maintaining strong cross-functional relationships and must be passionate about using data and A/B testing innovation to define creative excellence and optimize our workflows.
You will proactively develop and implement new ideas and roadmaps for creative testing and innovation. You will track a project from start to finish, including prototype asset creation, creative directing those assets to be produced at a large scale, testing assets on-service, working with Data Science Engineers and Creative Analysts on a clear and impactful analysis, and deciding next steps based on the results.
Please include a link to your portfolio, reel, or selection of work within your resume or LinkedIn profile, if available.
For more information on what it's like to be on our creative team at Netflix, check out this video.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
• Must confront challenges head-on and care about a high standard for creative, while remaining flexible to changes and projects going in unexpected directions
• Expertise in non-linear editing platforms (Adobe Premiere)
• Strong oral and written communication and collaboration skills
• Provide briefs, direction, and feedback to contractors and agencies for creating videos across multiple titles with a high standard of creative excellence
• Ability to seek out and act upon testing opportunities within product platforms, liaising with the Product Manager and engineering teams
• Ability to self-manage and organize workloads around tight deadlines
• Clearly able to communicate artistic vision with partners or bring ideas to life with freelance editors
• Ability to aggregate learning from testing and exploration and speak to results in cross-functional meetings or large company forums
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams using research, data, creative insights, and potential impact to set clear learning agendas for all future projects
• Build strong relationships with both technical and creative partners
• Experience managing large-scale creative projects, a team of creatives, and cross-functional relationships from brainstorm to delivery
• Experience or interest in working with global teams on global initiatives
• Understand, advocate for, and embody the company's values and team goals
• Identify and improve production processes and creative workflows for optimal testing throughput and velocity
• Strong leadership to bring multiple departments together to accomplish a complex objective