Coordinator, VFX - Original Film
Los Angeles, CA
Producing quality VFX content at scale, efficiently and with less friction is a challenge that requires fresh thinking. NetFX is a visual effects production platform that allows artists and productions to optimize work output on a global scale. This unique division provides streamlined VFX tools and resources to create, connect, and collaborate with productions anywhere in the world. NetFX pairs artist talent from around the world with a broad production slate to increase schedule flexibility and offer competitive market rates.
The VFX Pipeline Developer will work closely with studio product engineering teams to seamlessly integrate digital content creation tools and the frameworks upon which NetFX is built. The VFX Pipeline Developer will analyze production needs and provide solutions that address those needs directly or enable technical platform users to build production-specific solutions. In addition to expert technical skills, the ideal person must have a broad knowledge of established VFX and animation industry pipeline patterns and a willingness to push beyond them to unlock higher creative potential from our global artist community.
• Establish detailed program specifications through discussions with users
• Design, implement and iterate with a global user base on tools and workflows that service multiple productions and leverage best practices
• Collaborate closely with product management and engineering teams to stay aligned on product roadmaps across enterprise applications
• Extend and adapt product platforms to work well within the constraints of production
• Provide libraries, documentation, and guidance to technical artists as they solve production-driven problems
• Maintain and update existing near-term solutions until features are incorporated into enterprise applications
• 7+ years experience in VFX or 3D animation shot production pipeline teams
• Experience in transformative operations on a large scale
• Extensive experience in Python
• Exceptional communications skills and the ability to translate user needs into clear problem statements
• Familiar with 3rd party tools like Shotgun, Nuke, Houdini, Blender, Maya, and their APIs
• Able to work independently and drive results
• Track record of success while working autonomously
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7kvq-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.