Production Manager - Original Documentary Features
Los Angeles, CA
We are seeking a Travel Specialist to support the Americas Production Travel team to manage a concierge-level service delivery of Travel for our Cast, Crew, and Talent that spans across series, films, documentaries, docu-series and stand-up specials.
The Travel Specialist will play a key role to ensure that our travelers' and travel coordinators' needs are seamlessly met. The Specialist works with a team of Travel consultants to provide day-to-day assistance, and is the first point of contact for team members and productions out in the field. The ideal candidate could respond to questions, provide direction on guidelines, workflows and best practices. The role will require you to closely partner with our internal stakeholders and external contacts to fulfill complex travel requests and problem solve when needed. The Travel Specialist will report to the Production Travel Manager.
• Seeks opportunities to review operational processes and provides suggestions for improvement
• Partners closely with the Production Travel Manager and travel agency to implement changes
• Collaborates with regional Travel Specialists and travel agency to ensure that the Follow-the-Sun model is applied consistently across all regions
• Partners closely with travel agency to ensure new hires have access and understanding of the necessary tools and systems
• Maintains communication with travel agency leadership to ensure quality and excellent service is delivered to all production partners
• Researches errors to determine the root cause, and recommends/executes solutions
• Supports Travel Managers in stakeholder engagement, education and feedback sessions - incorporating new processes, workflows and tooling where necessary
• Builds knowledge base in collaboration with Travel Managers and Specialists, including how-to guides for onboarding new Travel consultants
• Ensures team members and productions out in the field are kept up to date with new procedures, workflow and announcements
• Organizes and leads Travel Onboarding sessions for Productions and Production Accountants - including but not limited to consultative advice related to traveler safety
• Oversees large and/or complex production travel movements
• Facilitates/assists with negotiations, contracting and management of hotel room blocks where needed
• Experience (10+ years) working in a Travel Agency in a Team leader's role
• Recent experience (4+ years) in working with high volume entertainment/production travel
• Knowledgeable in the nuances of working with high-touch travelers and arrangers in a thoughtful, solution-oriented manner
• Comfortable working in a high-volume, ever-changing, and highly collaborative environment
• Organized, organized, organized -- i.e. there's a label on your label maker -- and meticulous about the details.
• Ability to express ideas thoughtfully and with passion
• Ability to make connections and problem solve in a timely manner
• Anticipate potential traveller issues and have the ability to ask help when needed
• Flexible to work on call, as the world of travel is not always a 9-5 job.