Los Angeles, CA
Netflix has been changing the way people watch shows and movies, and we've built a global CDN and backbone, Open Connect, that sets the standard for video delivery.
We have a global network connecting hundreds of sites and thousands of partners. Inter connecting our studios, offices, internet exchanges, and partners takes technical know-how, the ability to manage complex projects, and excellent communication skills. We are seeking a Network Provisioning Engineer to help scale our CDN, corporate, and studio connectivity.
Your responsibilities will include
• Managing the installation and turn-up of connectivity; ensure contractual acceptance is met in accordance with vendor MSA including receipt and review of circuit design records and circuit testing results
• Ensuring circuits are designed to standard (resiliency/redundancy, latency, etc.)
• Working with various data centers, vendors, internal teams, and partners to troubleshoot connectivity and provide clean handoff for activation
• Testing, troubleshooting, and acceptance of all cross connects and telecommunication circuits
• Identify trends and proactively recommend hardware and fiber augments
• Providing support for new site builds, moves, and expansions; plan large scale circuit migrations with data center providers, vendors and partners
• Communicating with Technical Infrastructure Delivery, Business Operations, Logistics, and Network Engineering teams to streamline work of the various stakeholders
• Working with data center vendors and telecommunication providers to ensure reliable and functional connectivity per Netflix standards
• Reducing potential risks to upcoming projects timelines, by identifying issues and providing solutions
• Managing vendor for on time delivery of services, escalate issues to account teams as appropriate and manage expectations of customers both internal and external on a periodic basis
• Conducting regularly scheduled audits of all connectivity to ensure accurate inventory and invoicing
You will be successful in this role if you
• Thrive and enjoy working in a high performance, fast-paced environment.
• Possess a fierce attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple circuit installations concurrently.
• Are an effective collaborator with excellent communication skills; able to articulate complex ideas in a direct, concise way.
• Can develop and seek process improvements and strategies to further automate and streamline provisioning workflows.
• Are comfortable with not being onsite doing the actual work, but instead, planning and documenting the work to be executed by remote hand partners.
• Possess the ability to troubleshoot issues remotely -- coordinating and communicating with remote hands, vendors, and other teams to quickly isolate and remediate installation issues.
• Team player with the ability to build peer, and external relationships.
• Support a global organization; able to time shift to lead or support projects executed in other time zones.
• In-depth understanding of dark fiber, wavelength, DIA,
• Understand the usage of patch panels, fiber optic connectors, optic types and form factors
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, able to provide detailed instructions for contemporaries to follow and execute
• Extensive knowledge of the telecommunications carrier and data center industry
• Ability to travel when required (Occasional)
• Ability to manage high volume of orders
• Ability to participate in team on-call
• Ability to solve order issues and handle escalations