Executive Support Specialist
Los Angeles, CA
The Strategic Technology Sourcing (STS) team is seeking a progressive-thinking, highly-collaborative Technology Procurement Specialist who will contribute to the growth and centralization of Netflix's global technology procurement services. The Specialist will report into the Procurement manager and form part of a team charged with the acquisition and management of end user software and hardware for the Netflix Corporate and Studio workforce.
In addition to optimizing current procurement practices, the Specialist will help drive the establishment of new workflows that enable fruitful partnerships with other internal technology teams interested in centralizing procurement services. The Specialist will also forge new partnerships with software publishers and technology suppliers, as well as help manage existing vendor relationships to ensure Netflix is reaping optimal value from its technology investments. Furthermore, as the Technology Procurement team's scope expands through internal partnerships and business growth, the Specialist will ensure our capabilities in this space scale and adapt to our Netflix workforce's and Studio production partners' evolving technology needs.
Your Expected Impact
• Contribute to the centralization of technology procurement services through the development of internal and external partnerships, as well as the strategic expansion of the scope across Corporate and Studio contexts.
• Execute on the vision for the future state of STS and contribute to product and service roadmaps in pursuit of those goals.
• Forge highly-collaborative relationships with other procurement team members to collectively increase the scope and impact of the team.
• Establish frameworks for full lifecycle management of all technology assets under management from acquisition through disposal and retirement.
• Foster highly-aligned cross-functional partnerships across Security, Technology, Finance, and Legal teams integral to the delivery of procurement services.
• Utilize subject matter expertise in the strategic acquisition of technology products, including software, hardware and services for all sites and customers serviced worldwide.
• Develop and maintain product knowledge on technology and services relevant to both Studio and Corporate stakeholders.
• Partner closely with several internal technology teams to assess hardware and software needs on various projects and initiatives.
• Foster key vendor relationships to ensure they are responsive to the evolving needs of Netflix.
• Solicit product and service proposals and conduct deal negotiations to ensure they are conducive to the company's business goals.
• Ensure compliance with company vendor and license management guidelines and applicable government regulations (domestic and regional) pertinent to purchasing practices.
• Scout global markets for prospective suppliers, as well as develop and vet, qualified new suppliers.
• Maintain accurate contracting data, vendor records, and transaction information.
• Monitor supplier reliability and performance.
• Manage supplier agreements as well as 3rd party software licensing agreements.
• Assist with generating and publishing asset management and financial reports and dashboards.
• Identify vendor consolidation/centralization opportunities.
• Develop and communicate paved path practices for technology acquisition for Netflix.
Your Skills & Experience
• At least 5 years of experience contributing to a technology sourcing and procurement team (preferably within a multinational context)
• Media and Entertainment experience preferred
• Applied experience with contract, service agreement and software license management
Your Core Competencies
• In addition to the resonance of our company values articulated within the Netflix Culture Memo, you demonstrate the following competencies:
• Innovative Mindset: You're able to generate creative or transformative solutions that result in improved performance, higher quality and/or increased value; you see ambiguity as a challenge, but also as an opportunity to stretch outside of your comfort zone.
• Problem Solver: You're able to identify and deconstruct issues, obstacles, and opportunities and then fashion and implement effective solutions. You have an uncanny knack for arriving at solutions through unconventional methods and developing a plan to put them into action.
• Value-focused: You ensure that the work you are doing is continuously adding value to your customers and teammates and perceiving issues and opportunities that may detract from or increase that value. You measure the quality of your work based on your customer's satisfaction.
• Self-driven: You fully own your work scope, clear blockers, and manage priorities effectively without requiring excessive direction. You're a quick learner, and you adapt your communication to the context of your audience and engagement.
• A catalyst for growth: You continuously pursue and share knowledge, provide help to others, and define clear and measurable goals to increase individual and team contribution. You exhibit an innate desire for continuous growth and improvement.