Senior Software Engineer, Content Acquisition Engineering
Remote / Virtual
Netflix is seeking a smart, creative, organized and inventive technologist who will be responsible for outstanding back-end technology deployment coordination and support for Netflix's Technology Deployment team. This position will be based in our Los Angeles office and will report to the team's UCAN Manager based in Los Angeles, USA. You will be an integral part of the team that primarily deploys technology (hardware and software) to Netflix studio. This role will uniquely leverage your passion for technology and project coordination to impact Netflix's productions across UCAN and LATAM as well as an increased future scope to all of Netflix corporate. This role coordinates the setup, deployment, orchestration, order fulfillment, and support within our scoped IT hardware and software offerings, systems, and devices.
As a member of the Technology Deployment team, the Specialist will be responsible for asset deployment coordination, fulfillment, and a multitude of IT operational tasks such as dispatching IT equipment requests, provisioning and imaging PCs, Macs, and other systems, managing vendor communication, managing hardware asset inventory, remote hardware support, software requests, equipment procurement, troubleshooting, and project-related tasks (strategizing, deliverables, documentation, coordination). You will ensure requests are completed with excellent customer satisfaction and provide the very best solutions for our Studio and Corporate customer base.
Your Skills & Experience
• Recommended background in Technical or Product Support
• IT project coordination or project management experience
• Familiarity with Help Desk / IT Ticketing Systems (Zendesk preferred)
• Fundamental knowledge in networking protocols and troubleshooting
• Familiarity with distributed computing environment concepts; local and network based user and group accounts and permissions
• Knowledge of IT best practices around data security
• Experience supporting Cloud and SaaS Applications and SSO, including Google Apps for the Enterprise (Gmail, Calendaring, Drive, Sites and Google Groups)
• Ability to perform remote troubleshooting on MacOS, Chrome OS, Windows, and various applications including Office and Adobe Creative Cloud apps
• Expertise in mobile device support including iOS and Android devices
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Driving and optimizing deployment-related workflows to ensure a streamlined process for all hardware and software requests
• Ability to collaborate and coordinate with internal partners and external vendors
• Media/Entertainment industry experience preferred
• Understanding ''White Glove'' approach for VIPs
• Passion for operational excellence
• Ability to prioritize and stay organized in fast-paced and high volume environment
• Experience writing technically-oriented documentation
Your Core Competencies
• In addition to the resonance of our company values articulated within the Netflix Culture Memo, you demonstrate the following competencies in your work:
• Innovative Mindset: You're able to generate creative or transformative solutions that result in improved performance, higher quality and/or increased value; you see ambiguity as a challenge, but also as an opportunity to stretch outside of your comfort zone.
• Problem Solver: You're able to systematically identify and deconstruct issues, obstacles and opportunities and then fashion and implement effective solutions. You have an uncanny knack for arriving at solutions through unconventional methods and developing a plan to put them into action within a dynamic fast-paced context.
• Value-focused: You ensure the work you are doing is continuously adding value to your customers and teammates as well as perceiving issues and opportunities that may detract from or increase that value. You measure the quality of your work based on your customer's satisfaction.
• Self-driven: You fully own your work scope, clear blockers and manage priorities effectively without requiring excessive direction. You're a quick learner and you adapt your communication to the context of your audience and engagement.
• Catalyst for growth: You continuously pursue and share knowledge, provide help to others and define clear and measurable goals to increase individual and team contribution. You exhibit an innate desire for continuous growth and improvement.