Over 230 million members worldwide love Netflix. When they sit down to watch or play, we want to ensure that nothing gets between them and their favorite shows, movies, and games. And Netflix Customer Service (CS) is here to assist customers when they need help.
The Technical Research team sits within CS Technology under the CS organization. The team is responsible for managing technical issues escalated through our customer support channels and works closely with Netflix Engineering teams to address member-impacting technical issues and troubleshooting steps.
We seek an individual passionate about driving improvements and resolutions, someone who thrives on solving puzzles with good attention to detail and is customer-obsessed. Your ability to exercise sound judgment, independent of set policies, is crucial. As a Technical Research Specialist, you'll leverage your strong Netflix product knowledge, curiosity, and excellent judgment to identify and help bring improvements in the Netflix product and Customer Support platform. This involves investigating escalated complex issues and managing critical incidents. Your role extends to influencing and advocating for technical issues affecting Netflix Members, Partners, and the Customer Service network. Collaborating with the Product, Engineering, and Partnerships organizations, you'll ensure prompt issue resolution and contribute to feature improvements.
In addition to technical proficiency, success in this role hinges on critical thinking, analytical skills, and strong interpersonal abilities with stakeholders, cross-functional teams, and global peers. The ability to derive valuable insights from the Customer Service data and member experience is central to this role. Thriving in an innovative culture that values autonomy, embraces evolution, and prioritizes effective communication is essential. The Netflix culture is ingrained in our work environment, influencing hiring, collaboration, and decision-making. Adapting to and embracing this culture is pivotal for the success in this role.
This role is based in Mexico City
• Responsible for end-to-end technical issue management for Customer Service. Drive escalation lifecycle, managing internal and external stakeholder communication by providing periodic updates until the issue is resolved.
• Build a broad understanding of Netflix product and service inter-dependencies.
• Apply systems analysis techniques to internal services at Netflix, including effectively using SQL queries, alerting around key performance indicators, and creating visualizations to establish clear baselines on product complexity and prioritization.
• Engage and collaborate with the engineering teams for prompt issue resolution and product feature improvements, leveraging insights derived from CS data and member experience.
• Work with key stakeholders across Netflix to improve the customer experience and develop mechanisms that support operational excellence.
• Drive process, tool, service delivery, and solution improvements that enable effective troubleshooting and remediation (including diagnostics)
• Serve as the touchpoint for complex technical and product-based questions, escalated issues, and major incidents from our global Customer Support teams.
• Provide insightful requests for enhancements to tools and processes that maximize efficiency and value with the goal of improving customer experience.
• Proactively identify potential risks through dashboard monitoring, trend analysis, etc., escalate them to the appropriate stakeholders or cross-functional team, and contribute to developing risk mitigation activities.
• Contribute to improving escalation and incident management processes, protocols, dashboards, and run-books.
• Drives and/or coordinates cross-team and cross-vendor communications to align resources to resolve technical product issues that can span multiple regions or globally.
• Thoroughly documenting findings and technical issues, aiding in developing and crafting educational modules for self-guided learning.
• At least 4+ years of prior experience in technical support or similar roles, demonstrating proficiency in customer service, technical issues investigation and advocacy, and escalation and incident management.
• Experience in partnering, collaborating, and sharing knowledge with global teams and skilled at building solid relationships to deliver expected and improved results.
• Hands-on SQL and /or data analysis, navigating datasets experience
• Intimate knowledge and experience with Google G Suite, JIRA, Confluence, Kibana, Pagerduty/Opsgenie, Tableau, Zendesk, SQL, or other business analytics tools.
• Experience creating, editing, and maintaining knowledge base and/or training documentation.
• Excellent systems analytical skills, including pulling data directly, analyzing data sets, and identifying key insights to drive business decisions.
• Have a relentless focus on customer service alongside deep technical expertise.
• Proven record of managing and prioritizing complex technical projects, especially during tight deadlines or emergencies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate complex subjects to technical and non-technical audiences at all levels.
• Demonstrated leadership capability is a big plus, with a good track record of effectively guiding teams and initiatives to enhance work efficiency, prioritize tasks, and ensure alignment with overall team goals.
• Ability to debate effectively while using data as the basis of argument.
• Ability to collaborate effectively and be a strong team player.
Nice to have
• Familiarity with AWS or cloud-based solutions
• Familiarity with Python, Java, and other coding languages
• Familiarity with Streaming or Gaming tech support
• Familiarity with Billing or Payment lifecycle
• Understanding of incident management, problem management, ITIL, or similar frameworks
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8nkz9-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.