Technical Research Team Manager
Salt Lake City, UT
Netflix is the leading online video subscription service, reaching millions of households around the world, and the Netflix customer service network receives hundreds of thousands of questions and issues reports from subscribers every day. The global Technical Research team is a frontline research group responsible for investigating, troubleshooting, and documenting escalated issue reports. The results of their investigations are delivered to Netflix product engineering teams and are a critical link in maintaining Netflix service reliability for our global subscriber base.
As a Technical Research Specialist, you'll rely on your strong Netflix product knowledge, curiosity, and great judgement to identify and drive improvements in the Netflix product and Customer Support platform through the investigation of escalations. You will be focused on research and prioritization, rather than solutions. In addition to the technical requirements, great interpersonal skills with our customers, partners, and global peers are critical components of success in this role.
Given the broad scope of responsibilities and investigative nature of the role, we are looking for someone that is research-focused, enjoys solving puzzles, and uses great judgment in pursuing the right course of action without relying heavily on set policies as a guide. You will thrive in an innovative culture where autonomy is necessary, evolution is inevitable, and strong communication is paramount. In addition to this, the Netflix culture permeates our work environment. It determines who we hire, how we work together, and how we make decisions. It is a key part of our approach to innovation and paramount to our success, and so the ability to adapt and embrace Netflix culture will be critical in determining success in this role.
As a Technical Research Specialist, you will:
• Serve as the touch point for in-depth technical and product-based questions, and escalations from our global Customer Support teams.
• Investigate complex technical issues impacting the Netflix service using a suite of tools, and document your findings and recommendations.
• Optimize efficiency and minimize customer impact by identifying emerging trends through various datasets and visualizations.
• Coordinate and assist Customer Service responses to global service issues and outages.
• Provide insightful requests for enhancements to tools and processes that maximize efficiency and value.
• Maintain and develop knowledge base articles for ongoing issues that will be utilized by our Customer Support teams to troubleshoot, resolve and/or escalate.
• Maintain and develop external facing help center articles for known errors or behaviors that will be used by customers to resolve issues.
• Partner with our global customer base and varying levels of customer service to gain an understanding of issues.
• At least four years of experience in a technical research, support analyst, data analyst, research engineer, or support engineer role.
• Experience partnering, collaborating, and sharing knowledge with global teams.
• Experience creating, editing, and maintaining knowledge base and/or training documentation.
• Intimate knowledge and experience with Google G Suite, JIRA, Confluence, Kibana, Tableau, Zendesk, SQL, or similar products.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpm140-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.