Technical Program Manager (L5) - Platform Engineering
Platform Engineering's purpose is to enable Netflix to scale effectively and empower our technical talent to focus on building innovative experiences for our members, partners, and creators around the world. We do this by providing a highly available, reliable, secure, compliant, and performant platform of data, software, and infrastructure solutions that:
- meet the needs of our growing business
- accelerate the productivity of Netflix engineers, scientists, and data users
- maintains cost-efficiency that is at most linear to the growth of our business
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager for the Platform Engineering organization that will be focused on large cross-functional programs that impact almost all of engineering at Netflix. This individual will partner closely with product management, engineering managers, and other technical program managers to execute and align programs.
What you will do
• Lead multiple cross-functional programs, in collaboration with technical teams (including product, engineering, UI/UX, Data science, etc.), that focus on building a scalable, reliable, and secure infrastructure foundation.
• Leverage deep technical domain expertise to drive technical strategy, planning, and execution with engineering partners.
• Craft and drive engagement with partners, work to decompose requirements into technical execution plans with multiple engineering teams, track progress towards goals, and report status to product, customers, and technical leadership.
• Champion breaking out OKRs into measurable milestones while proactively managing risks, blockers, and delays.
• Manage cross-functional dependencies, risks, and changes effectively by optimizing scope, schedule, and resources accordingly.
What we are looking for
• Ability to partner with multiple cross-functional teams to define technical strategy and requirements
• Highly skilled, experienced, and enjoy orchestrating programs with many moving parts - people, needs, and technologies
• You have the ability to identify gaps in solutions, debate technical approaches and weigh in on product vs. technology tradeoffs
• You aren't afraid to get your hands dirty, pulling data to provide insight, debug issues, and monitor system health
• A data-driven mindset in your decision making
• Deep understanding and point of view within cloud infrastructure, engineering productivity, or data
• 10+ years of experience driving large-scale software projects with engineering and product teams
• 4+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, or technical product/program management experience
• Experience managing projects across cross-functional teams, building sustainable processes, and coordinating release schedules
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including clear articulation of business impact and technical constraints tailored to the audience
• Self-starter who enjoys tackling 0 to 1 problem spaces and quickly bringing organization and direction
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $100,000 - $700,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwzq32-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.