Technical Program Manager (L6) - Algorithms Engineering
Members can watch videos and play games as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen.
Algorithms Engineering is responsible for the applied machine learning algorithms that drive the personalization, recommendations, search, explanations, messages, and many other areas of the experience. We use cutting-edge machine-learning techniques and work at the forefront of applied research.
We are looking for a product-minded Technical Program Manager, who also has had experience working with applied research teams. You need to be passionate about applying cutting-edge algorithms to build great customer experiences. You will be part of a cross-functional group of product managers, machine learning researchers, and engineers leading the evolution of Netflix's core machine learning algorithms.
• Drive the execution of large consumer-facing initiatives at Netflix.
• Leverage the insights and experience from this work to influence the improvement of underlying technologies, architectures, and operations.
• Apply strong technical, organizational, and communication skills to devise sound technical approaches to abstract goals.
• Identify the systems involved to build new solutions, align roadmaps, and weigh relative priorities.
• Establish an overall plan for numerous teams to rally around and successfully launch new experiences for Netflix customers.
• Identifying and mitigating technical risks.
• You are a strong communicator with exceptional listening skills. You can operate independently, challenge the status quo, and always play for the larger team.
What sets you apart?
• A passion for driving toward clarity and simplicity.
• Experience making smart architectural investments to meet the demands of a rapidly growing user base across the world. You've learned the difference between building flexible systems that adapt to business needs and unnecessarily complex systems that attempt to guess the future.
• You are a thought partner to your business stakeholders and successfully influence product direction.
• You seek to understand other parts of the business, their limitations, and where product sensitivities lie.
• You balance competing concerns and make tough calls on where to cut scope vs. invest more, and how to make resourcing trade-offs across different domains.
• As comfortable speaking technically as non-technically and able to bridge between the two.
• 10+ years of experience in product management, technical program management, software engineering, or leading software development projects.
Desired Technical Skills:
• Consumer software, systems design, and architecture experience.
• Ability to identify gaps in solutions, debate technical approaches, and see various perspectives.
• Able to provide insights into business, product, and technology tradeoffs.
• Great at adapting solutions to meet short and longer-term needs.
• Expertise in machine learning and infrastructure.
Desired Project Management Skills
• Can devise and apply various approaches to the execution of complex initiatives.
• Experience driving applied research programs.
• Coordination across many independent tracks of work and organizations.
• Excels at leading large-scale software projects.
• Risk identification and mitigation.
• Can balance strategic and tactical efforts to make tough calls and broadly communicate the decision framework.
• Detail-oriented, can identify what's missing in planning and execution of software development, testing, and launch.
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $240,000 - $725,000
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmpmn3-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.