At Netflix, the Device Scaling team is responsible for building and innovating on the global partner device distribution. We have grown past 200 million paid memberships in over 190 countries, and we aspire to reach many millions more. In the partnership world, this means that we have to ensure that Netflix is accessible on billions of devices such as TV operator set-top boxes, smart TVs, mobile devices, and a streaming media player (SMP) you can pick up from your local retail store. We also want to ensure that our members get the latest and greatest Netflix experience across these devices. The fragmented technologies behind these different device categories, the various product experiences each device offers, and the unique distribution requirements for each channel create a great challenge for us to scale globally. We look at the combination of these device partners, TV operators, smart TVs, SMPs, as well as supply chains as the foundation of a distribution platform for the Netflix service.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager who is highly analytical and comes with broad technical knowledge in API and device integration. Rich experiences in leading complex XFN teams to deliver partner-facing products.
What We Are Looking For:
• Technical Program Management experience with a proven record of prioritizing and leading complex cross-functional technical projects
• Experience in mobile devices and cloud API products
• Proven track record of leading the software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
• Experience with feature delivery, understanding business/technical tradeoffs, and defining prioritization of product features
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and product definitions
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Experiences with Android TV and mobile platforms
• Familiar with Platform as a Service (PaaS)
• Experience in building developer platforms
What You Will Do:
• Understand partner needs, the competitive landscape, and technology trends, and use this information to define the overall product, service & support strategy
• Provide guidance and drive cross-functional initiatives & alignment with key partner organizations (e.g., product, operations, and engineering teams)
• Provide analytical, strategic-thinking, and leadership support that enables the executive team to isolate business issues; be proactive in providing recommendations for implementing solutions.
• Elicit requirements from internal customers (product management, operations, finance, sales, and engineering teams), synthesize and document them into epics/stories for the product backlog.
• Clearly articulates and clarifies detailed business requirements for engineering and user interface design teams to build new software.
• Collaborates with business stakeholders and engineering teams to review designs, prioritize features, clarify scope, and negotiate trade-offs as required to meet schedule and resourcing challenges.
• Guide teams through changes in priorities and milestones at the direction of executive sponsors for your projects
Our culture is unique, and we live by our values. It is a crucial part of our innovative approach, so the ability to adapt to and embrace Netflix's culture will be critical in determining success in this role.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkp1op-18-207-157-152-42 in your application.