Specialist, Production Workflow - Animation
Los Angeles, CA
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Being on Tech Ops working out of Netflix Animation means more than being a technology expert. It also means being passionate about service to others.
We are a group of individuals who are smart, kind, motivated and customer-centric and we are looking for the next addition to this team that embodies those characteristics. In this role as a Tech Ops Specialist, you will provide exceptional service to the talent based out of Netflix Animation Studios in Los Angeles.
As mentioned earlier, you will be responsible for providing industry leading technical support to our animated productions in our LA-based studio. We aim to give the type of support that empowers our user base to facilitate the creation of the world's best animated content. This requires flexibility, creativity, and a proactive approach to transforming the production culture. You will also serve as a liaison between Netflix teams and the animated productions to assist in infusing technology and gaining proper adoption of our in-house tech solutions.
The role of Tech Ops Specialist is one part cloud-based administration, and one part hardware troubleshooting and these responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Act as the primary technical support point of contact related to the advancement of technology with our animated productions and develop strong working relationships with our partner and end user population
• Knowledge of best practices around data security and providing guidance to our users that encourages safe collaboration of Netflix production data
• Supporting cloud and SaaS applications, including G Suite for Enterprise, Office 365, and Adobe CC (managing user and group accounts, permissions, and SSO)
• Troubleshooting a variety of technical issues across different operating systems (macOS, ChromeOS, Windows), various applications, and hardware including Mac and PC workstations
• Video Conferencing troubleshooting, including Google Hangouts, Google Meet, Chromebox for Meetings, and Zoom
• Project coordination and technical writing to create up to date documentation for end users and internally for the team
• Work closely with technical partner teams to deliver technical solutions and infrastructure needs (Creative Tech and Infrastructure, Infrastructure and Network Engineering, A/V, Tech Deployment, and more)
• Work closely with non-technical partner teams (Human Resources, Employee Services and more) to align on how technical and non-technical solutions impact the Netflix Animation user experience
• Conduct fundamental G-Suite training for the Netflix Animation Studio user population
• Work with our closest partner, Tech Deployment, to help inform decisions on hardware procurement and deployment strategy
• Experience providing industry leading technical support and customer service
• A minimum of 3 years of IT or Desktop Support/System Administration
• Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them.
• Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; local and network-based user and group accounts and permissions
• Experience supporting Cloud and SaaS Applications and SSO: G-Suite including Gmail, Calendaring, Drive, Sites, and Groups and AWS.
• In depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on Mac OS, Windows 7,8 & 10, and various applications including Office and Adobe Creative Cloud
• Strong ability to dive into the unknown and create clarity amid chaos.
• Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter that can initiate ideas.
Some Nice to Haves
• Background in animation workflows a plus
• Experience providing technical support in a production environment
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance.
• Ability to think strategically in a technical and business context
• Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment.
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 183 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages.