Product Designer, Studio XD
Los Angeles, CA
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 204 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. As our slate of original productions and licensed content increases, we must scale and formalize management of studio data to meet the changing needs of the business. Now is an exciting time to join a talented, energetic team that is helping to shape operational data standards and practices for a growing studio.
We are looking for a Studio Data Specialist to join the Studio Data Management team within Studio Product Innovation (SPI). SPI creates applications that drive innovation in content creation. Our team manages several large operational data sets that are used broadly across these applications. We work closely with product teams to ensure that the data is bringing value to their products while also working to improve underlying data quality through better processes, tools, guidelines and user education.
In this role, you will focus on the Movie and Production IDs, which are the backbone of the application ecosystem. Maintaining properly structured and connected Movie and Production IDs is critical to driving a variety of functions, from financial forecasting to project launch on service. You will initially focus on data quality projects in the Content Programming domain, where product teams create solutions to help studio teams make decisions about what titles to acquire and how to allocate Netflix's content budget. Additionally, you will join other Data Specialists in providing Movie-related support to users across the studio. Key partners outside our team include product managers, engineers, designers, application users as well as training and customer support teams. A successful candidate will love digging into large data sets to find patterns and diagnose problems, have the agility to pivot between heads-down project execution and user-focused problem-solving and be excited by the opportunity to be part of an evolving team.
• Partner with Product Managers to prioritize, plan and execute data projects.
• Provide Movie support to users across the studio, handling basic issues while also investigating, diagnosing and resolving more complex issues.
• Create quarterly road maps outlining data initiatives.
• Educate users on best data practices in order to improve data quality.
• Drive initiatives to scale data that supports studio workflows.
• Drive initiatives to improve data cleanliness.
• Provide subject matter expertise on data structure, dependencies, rules and business requirements.
• Audit, investigate and clean data.
• Create more efficient ways to analyze and work with large data sets.
• Create and maintain data documentation.
• Define data metrics needed to monitor data hygiene.
• Hire and manage Data Admin contractors as needed for project-specific work.
• 3+ years experience in data/metadata/content management or operations
• 2+ years project management experience
• 2+ years experience working with product and/or engineering teams
• Proficiency with Google Suite, Excel and content management systems
• Strong analytical skills and an ability to synthesize information across a broad ecosystem to diagnose problems, devise solutions and make decisions
• Strong understanding of workflow and ability to recognize inefficiencies
• Knowledge of data lifecycle and data governance concepts
• Strong ability to communicate to different audiences
• Flexible in an evolving environment
• Excellent time-management skills
• A background in entertainment is preferred but not required.
If your experience doesn't check off every box in our list of qualifications, but you think you'd be a great addition to our team anyway, we want to hear from you! Please attach a cover letter to your resume explaining how your skills and experience could enhance this role.
Netflix's culture is an integral part of what makes us successful, and we approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that bringing together different perspectives and backgrounds helps build stronger teams. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dykp4m-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.