At Netflix, we want to entertain the world and are constantly innovating on how entertainment is imagined, created and delivered to a global audience. We currently stream content in more than 30 languages in 190 countries, topping over 220 million paid subscribers and are expanding into new forms of entertainment such as gaming. Engineering teams within Netflix work hard every day to scale and innovate this content production and member experience in an ever growing complex software landscape.
Studio Engineering builds the products and services used by our internal and external creative partners planning, producing and managing our global content. Our products enable the entire workflow of content investment and production, from the initial pitch of a title all the way releasing the final content on the Netflix service for play also known as pitch-to-play, and provide innovative new ways to develop and manage entertainment at scale. We deliver solutions that enable the business to make smart decisions about how we account, plan, and acquire content. We help make as many titles as we can, as quickly as we can, being smart about timelines, budgets and scarce resources. We deliver our shows to launch on the streaming service bringing joy to members watching titles they love. We do this by forecasting our content budget, automating and optimizing the content production process, globalizing our content with dubbing and subtitles, creating promotional artwork and video assets, and managing the launch of titles and marketing campaigns of our content on and off the service.
With an increasing slate of original content, including shows, films, and games being produced every year, our products manage billions of dollars worth of content-spend. In 2022 alone, we're spending over $15 billion on content spanning a wide variety of genres and languages such as TV series, documentaries, and feature films.
We are looking for a Sr Technical Program Manager to translate our product vision into reality and allow us to scale our studio efforts across the globe, and do so effectively and efficiently!
What you will do
• Support and drive multiple high impact cross-functional programs
• Approach complex problems with a technical and strategic perspective and develop strategies to address them
• Leverage your experience with various systems, workflows and user journeys to improve overall engineering execution
• Proactively identify inefficiencies, risks and gaps that stifle the program's progress and to implement better and more efficient workflows
• Establish an overall plan for several teams to rally around by identifying the right teams, the systems involved to build new solutions, align roadmaps, and weigh relative priorities
• Build strong subject matter knowledge to balance business demands with technological restrictions
• Assess and evaluate a program's technical implementation with engineering to determine the best strategy for the challenge at hand
• Drive and participate in the complex technical discussions with audiences of varying technical and subject matter backgrounds
• Develop and own communication plans for communicating program status, big picture, challenges, and risks to stakeholders effectively and proactively
• Partner with cross-functional engineering and business teams to develop path-to-green plans for programs that trend behind, communicate those corrective actions, and drive them to completion
• BS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
• A strong understanding of working at the intersection of product management, software engineering, or systems management
• Deep experience working cross-functionally across several different product development teams and stakeholders to successfully build and deliver scalable solutions
• Highly skilled, organized, experienced, and enjoy orchestrating programs with many moving parts: people, needs, and technologies
• Operate autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrate critical thinking and thought leadership
• Action-oriented and able to solve ambiguous, complex technical problems
• Experience establishing trust and strong work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners
• Comfortable collaborating and influencing a diverse set of people and teams to do what needs to get done and negotiate when approaches or timelines change
• Zoom in and out seamlessly to identify bottlenecks and stay focused on the big picture
• Love to dive into the technology aspect of a program, gaining rich context that enables you to be even more thoughtful and effective in making the initiative happen
• Adept at looking around the corner and anticipating upcoming challenges in advance - communicating them to the program group and helping create mitigation for evolving headwinds
• Drive the business forward through the programs you run
• Stellar communication skills, both verbal and written
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq9196-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.