Do you want to be part of the team that develops, owns, and operates Netflix's ''Front Door''? The Cloud Gateway is powered by our open source project, Zuul. We handle, route, and control all device and web traffic going to Netflix's cloud services for our more than 214 million members in 190 countries, spanning 3 AWS regions. Games are our next big frontier and an incredible opportunity to deliver new experiences to delight and entertain our quickly growing membership. The gateway thus needs to be the most highly available service in Netflix's cloud infrastructure as a Zuul failure means nobody can stream Netflix and enjoy the Gaming experience.
Zuul is arguably the genre-defining gateway in the industry. We are pushing the envelope of how and what a layer 7 gateway does. Some of the interesting and innovative features that we provide include traffic shaping, DDOS protection, resiliency, advanced self-serviceable routing, deep insights, push notifications, and much more.
About the Role
We are seeking an enthusiastic engineer who is interested in building innovative tools and features to support our direct partners, such as device, web, playback and API services, studio, reliability, and operations teams. Your ideas and skills will create important new features and systems that will directly impact Netflix's front door traffic and systems.
Skills that will help you be successful
• You have experience working on and operating either complex systems or large scale.
• You want to build and operate highly reliable, easy-to-use, impactful systems.
• You are great at communication and are partner / customer-focused.
• You are well versed in Java or other object-oriented languages.
• You have experience or aptitude for highly available systems
• You have a solid understanding of transport and application layer protocols (HTTP, HTTP/2, WebSockets, etc).
• You enjoy working with and building partnerships with different teams across the company.
• You've read about Netflix's culture and think you would thrive here.
Here are a few recent talks and posts from members of our team that highlight some of the work we do:
Scalable Anomaly Detection (with Zero Machine Learning)
Zuul's Journey to Non-Blocking
AWS re: Invent 2018: Scaling Push Messaging for Millions of Netflix Devices
Open Sourcing Zuul 2
Zuul 2 - Netflix Journey to async non-blocking systems
Rethinking Netflix's Edge Load Balancing
Show Must Go On: Securing Netflix Studios At Scale
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxojyq-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.