The product experience is delivered by calling into a complex distributed system of services running in the cloud. With all the usage, our telemetry data volumes continue to rise. Operating at this scale requires extremely high levels of observability and automation. The Observability Engineering team develops and operates the infrastructure that processes this data in real time and provides insights that engineers depend on to measure, visualize, investigate, and optimize how customers experience their services.
More About the Team
Our team is part of the Platform Engineering organization and our goal is to raise the level of abstraction of our observability systems by combining machine learning/statistics on real-time data, domain knowledge, and dynamic visualization.
Some of the work from our team:
Telltale: Netflix Application Monitoring
SimplifiedEdgar: Solving Mysteries Faster
We're looking for a passionate, experienced UI/Data Visualization Engineer who will own and build new, high-impact web applications to make ''large'' data both understandable and actionable.
More About You
• You are product-focused, driving the design, development, and implementation in order to turn a user's pain points into simple and elegant solutions that are loved
• You excel at building data visualizations using libraries like D3.js
• You develop visualizations that enable engineers and leaders to explore and understand data
• You take full ownership of a product or feature from concept to launch
• You have a deep understanding of usability issues in web applications
• You understand how to present and visualize complex data and/or streaming data
• You have worked with commercial and/or open-source technologies in the log management, distributed tracing, and analytics domains;e.g. LogStash, Splunk, Zipkin, New Relic, etc.
At Netflix, we like to move fast, bias towards action, and rely on great people to make good judgment calls. You should also love solving real problems and making an impact for the company, your partners, and your teammates. Things also change fast and often, so you need to be able to function well with ambiguity and be comfortable making decisions under uncertainty. For more on the Netflix culture, read our culture document.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnb1ko-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.