The Managed Delivery team is a part of our larger Productivity Engineering organization focused on accelerating the work of Netflix engineering. Our team is responsible for reinventing the way engineers deploy their code, automating and abstracting as much as possible. We help engineers improve Netflix faster and faster over time, even as our increasing scale makes deployment more complex.
After successfully launching an initial product last year, we're now looking to add a frontend engineer who can help scale our product experience to serve nearly all of Netflix engineering. You'll deeply partner with our engineering customers to understand their workflows and pain points, then collaborate with other engineers on the team, product managers, and designers to build ways of making engineers even more productive.
Our team includes people of different gender identities, parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds. Diverse teams are strong teams, and we encourage those with varied identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply.
Opportunities to make an impact
• Improve mission-critical engineering workflows, solving complex UX challenges that often involve tasks engineers do under the pressure and stress of trying to fix a production incident.
• Work with other teams across our organization to connect multiple engineering products into cohesive experiences, and take on opportunities to work with cross-functional groups solving broad, high-impact problems.
• Influence how the broader industry does deployment and delivery. With opportunities to publicly engage in the community and partner with talented engineers across many other well-known companies, your work will have impact far beyond just Netflix.
What sets you apart
• A thoughtful point of view about what makes great product experiences usable, productive, and delightful.
• A passion for applying your UX skills to help your team (and others) deliver a well-crafted product.
• Curiosity to understand customers, empathize with them, and anticipate their needs.
• Always looking to understand the impact of your work through both qualitative and quantitative data
Because the majority of our work is open source (UI ,backend) and we're active members of the continuous delivery community, your work at Netflix would also directly influence how companies across the industry think about and do deployment. We regularly talk about our work if you're interested in learning more:
(2019) Managed Delivery: Evolving Continuous Delivery at Netflix
(2019) Managed Delivery: Bringing Infrastructure as code to Spinnaker
(2020) Managed Delivery for Kubernetes: a collaboration story
(2020) Simplifying delivery as code with Spinnaker and Kubernetes
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw78e2-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.