Technical / Production Manager
New York, NY
Specialist (UCAN East), Studio Operations
We are seeking a Specialist based in Brooklyn, NY to join our growing Production Facilities Management and Operations team. This position will be responsible for managing Netflix-owned and/or leased production facilities based on the East Coast.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix is the world's leading Internet television network with over 200 million members in over 190 countries. With this international expansion and a growing slate of International Original productions, it's a great time to join Netflix.
A successful candidate will be passionate, self-motivated, proactive, a strategy thinker, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a people manager, a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and communication.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Accustomed to working in a fast paced environment, able to multitask, and meet tight deadlines.
• A great communicator that can build and nurture strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Able to solve operational challenges, including production support, tenant improvement, engineering, parking and tenant relations.
• A self-starter, who is able to work effectively and drive projects forwardAble to solve day-to-day operational challenges, including production and stage support, respond and track repair and maintenance requests, tenant improvement, and tenant relations, etc.
• OPEX support as needed
• CAPEX support as needed
• Manage production onboarding/offboarding
• Manage Production Move-in/outs Oversee Xytech ancillary billing for clients
• Oversee repair and maintenance requestsWork closely with the clients to address and resolve all billing issues
• Provide operational support for events
• Conduct tours as necessary
• Review and approve accounts payable invoices prior to submission to Netflix Operations Finance team
• Manage production onboarding/offboarding for East Coast facilities
• Support Productions needs as required
• Any other necessary duties required to support Studio and Production Operations
• 8+ years experience in entertainment-specific campus operational management, facilities management. Candidates will likely be in a Management role outside of Netflix
• Team player with an ability to supervise multiple projects in a fast paced environment
• Access to high quality vendors, and production facilities contacts.
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent manners
• Ability to be discreet and handle confidential information
• GAAP knowledge
• Experience in Account Reconciliation and Financial statement analysis
• Knowledge of A/P and A/R general policies and procedures
• Proficiency in Google Docs, Sheets, Gmail, G-Drive, MS Word, Excel. AirTable a plus
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process and equipment and studios
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask
• Willingness to take educated risks and think out of the box.